My first sea report

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Date 07/09.02
Venue,, Hendon beach, east coast
Time, 5.30pm to 8.00pm
At last my first session on the sea, myself, Kev and Steve decided to go on hendon prom for a short session,just to get the cobwebs out of the way for the coming winter season.

Steve and myself walked down to the beach, all of 10 minutes, phew i was worn out,,LoL. Big Kev was still on stand by for work

Picked out the bay we wanted to fish, our usual spot, if nobody else is fishing it.

We got our tackle set up, i use a century saturn 13' sea rod with a diawa SL20SH reel loaded with 15lb line and a 80lb shock leader.
Steve uses a century kompressor 13' sea rod with the same reel as i do, line and shocker.

Tackle set up, Steve being Steve no practice cast, whooooosh in he went, me i decided to have a few practice casts.
First cast SNAP, lost the lot, retied my shocker on, put another plain bomb on for my second cast, SNAP,again, after a few choice word i decided to set up with my terminal tackle.

First cast being a bit tentative, 70 or so yards i was pleased with myself, as the pic shows

Datafile.jpg ,,

At about 6.15pm Kev turned up, full of chat and the normal mickey taking between us, he set up. Kev is a pendulum caster, he had a couple of practice casts,heads down Big Kev is swinging the lead, Kev can cast 200 yards +.

We were not going expecting to catch any decent fish,, to early for them, Kev was the only one to get a fish,, now dont get excited with this pic lads,, wait for it,,,, wait for it,

We had a good short practice session, making plans for our future sessions, deciding where and when to go, hopefuly next week we are going to give Lynemouth beach a go, now that is a good beach to fish off.

While on the prom some of the sea anglers we know turned up to see if anything was doing, to tell the truth we done more talking than fishing.

Now for some pics.Sorry M/Ds cannot get them on for some reason.

No cannot get them on,, any idea's peeps ????? what am i doing wrong

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Edited by - toma on 07 September 2002 10:02:37 PM

Del-J

' Victor '
Andy,
If it was anybody else but you I would not bother but why are you posting about sea angling on what is supposed to be a COARSE FISHING site.

Del.

Not fishing? Then talk to your friends on MDs.

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello andy

good stuff, a nice start to the season (despite not getting any fishing done really) planning and anticipation is half the fun, not sure about this pendulum stuff though, you will have to show me sometime.

cant see the second pic, what fish did he get?

good luck
ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

G

Adam here is kev showing how its done mate. The swing,,,

The release, Adam the reel has to be on the bottom of the butt for this style of casting.

and away it goes,, Adam 303 yards has been done with this type of cast, that is the world record.
Some more pics.

That was better,pleased with that cast, Adam notice the reel on the bottom of the butt

Our peg,

One more look at Kev's fish, small but its a fish

The pendulum style cast takes a lot of practice, no way should it be attempted without tuition,.

Hopefuly next week i will be able to post some better fish, report today from Lynmouth beach are,,,,, cod to 7lb have been landed.]

Adam Lynmouth beach is a well know venue for sea bass, if i am right the biggest landed was 15lb, a cast of 20/30 yards is all that is needed.

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Adam S

Account Locked
hello

andy dont worry i dont have any beachcasters with reducers anyway
so the reel is staying put at the top of the butt
(where it belongsicon_smile_big.gif )

wont be doing any sea fishing for a while now, college and such
will keep me on the east side of ireland where its not really a
worthwhile proposition (nice for the odd break for coarse fishing
though) i do miss dingle in the summer however.

ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one Andy

Never realised you looked so old icon_smile_wink.gif

Now i see mention of my favourite casting method (pendulum) for long range carping/piking.

For more on the
"Lay back" style (reel at the bottom end of rod)
&
Pendulum casting, (for real long distance) take a look at this thread

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

G

Nice link Alan, interesting as to who was the first to pendulum cast, IMHO nobody can take the credit, it is a style that evolved thru time.

As one of the post said 200 yards plus are common, i agree to a point, the top casters are capable of such lengths. It takes years of practice to master the cast..

Beware any one wanting to try this style, do not do it.

i'm going to bait up
Andy

MALC

Like it Andy keep em coming

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Status
Not open for further replies.