My first ever fishing licence - 1973

corkycat

Issued by the local town hall authority in Bielefeld, West Germany when I was with the British Army. On my days off I would fish the rivers Weser or Danube as well as local lakes and ponds. Coarse angling was not a popular pastime in Germany but you could always get maggots from the sports shops, and I recall that the most common species were tench, roach, vendace, and ide. The licence fee was 5 Deutschmarks and another 5DM admin fee. At the time about £3 in total, for a year. Just wondering if anyone can produce an older one than this?

20210208_120905.jpg

Roger_feederer

Site Supporter
Thats probably worth money as a historical artifact. Official documents from countries that dont exist anymore are collectible.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Remember the days when you needed a rod licence for each different Water Authority you'd fish in?
In Wirral, we needed North West, Severn Trent & Welsh licences every season, because we bordered all three. Used to cost a fortune. National licence for £30 is great value.

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
Can remember as a junior we were fishing a match at a place called Broughton Bridge, so checked the map. It's in Lancashire, so I bought the Lancs rod licence.

Come match day, the coach sets off in the opposite direction and we ended up at Broughton Bridge on the River Ancholme, North Lincs!!!!

They laughed on the coach when I drew peg 40 - the longest walk ha ha! We got off at the bridge and the pegs started 99, 98, 97 down the bank - ha ha back at yer!

rubbish match - 5 gudgeon won it!

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Issued by the local town hall authority in Bielefeld, West Germany when I was with the British Army. On my days off I would fish the rivers Weser or Danube as well as local lakes and ponds. Coarse angling was not a popular pastime in Germany but you could always get maggots from the sports shops, and I recall that the most common species were tench, roach, vendace, and ide. The licence fee was 5 Deutschmarks and another 5DM admin fee. At the time about £3 in total, for a year. Just wondering if anyone can produce an older one than this?

20210208_120905.jpg
Bielefeld where my wife's from ...................the place doesn't really exist you know, ref Bielefeld Conspiracy