My First 20lbs Carp! plus photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Fella

Datafile11.jpg

I consider myself more of a pleasure angler nowadays after a fair few seasons match fishing.

However a short 3 hour session on a flooded lake today produced a 4lbs tench and my first ever 20LBS Carp weighing in at 20lbs 10ozs.

The fish was also in really good condition, and was landed just after my mate had turned up for the last hour of light.[:D][8D][8D]

Last edited:

crusty

Thats a bonny fish Big Fella, well done thumbsup.gif [8D]

give us the facts then, how did you catch it? [8D]

crusty

mecca

Another smoggy
Well done mate , I remember the smile on my face when i caught my 20. I didnt stop shaking until hours later......nice one, and nice pic[:D]

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
Congrats mate,that's a cracking fish,still waiting for my first 20 stuck on 17lb twice. [:)]

The Big Fella

Hi,

I started off my short 3 hour session on Catmeat down the inside and just had one bite in the first 1 1/2 hours producing a nice 4lb tench.

While I was there I was constantly flicking the odd piece of bread out with my catty to blow into the side. I then went on the top with bread to catch it for last part of session.

There were not that many fish taking off the top and they were very wary! in many instances flicking the bread with their tails and just watching it for ages.

Then I got lucky with the bite in the last 10 minutes and the fight was good as it was only on a standard float rod and 5lbs line.

I also have had many many carp upto 15lbs but never beyond the elusive 20lbs. Having said that though ive never gone out to try and bag a 20lb er I fish match style to catch anything that swims in my peg.[;)][8D]

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Nice fish, looks a bit like a zander for some reason ha

zanderhunter

lol, no it doesnt. the lights reflecting off its eye, thats the only similarity. and ive yet to see a 20lb zander either!

bigjon06

Originally posted by zanderhunter

lol, no it doesnt. the lights reflecting off its eye, thats the only similarity. and ive yet to see a 20lb zander either!

take a look on one of the other posts the new record is 21

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Well done mate! Nice fish.

Always good to get a personal best, whatever it is!!

The Big Fella

Danny,

I can only say it was a Broome Angling society water in Leicestershire! It has it's own web site.

Unfortunately the fishery rules state you can't disclose which lake any big fish are caught from! due to the chance of immigrants or thieves potentially nicking biggies out of the venues.

My first year as I only joined June 1st and so far I've been 3 times.

First trip - 107lbs of small carpies
Second trip - 49lbs 06ozs of carpies to 2 1/2lbs.
Third trip was this one.

All trips were to differing lakes at the complex.

Cheers [;)][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.