My Elvington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Okay now it's my turn to butt in as I've just about had enough of all this rubbish.

First and foremost I have stayed away from the dispute that has been raging between Alan and Trevor for many reasons, I see you both as friends and somewhere in this one, the other or both of you might take offence to what I am about to write but if it brings this petty squabbling to an end then it will have the desired effect.

Firstly let me clear up one point - the 'Northern Fish-in' was not a competition to raise as much money individually as possible, it was to raise as much money COLLECTIVELY as possible.
I have an email from Pat today to inform me that we raised 5,051.63 which she took with her on Sunday and there is more to come in still.
There was a presentation to the person who raised the most as an individual, not a prize as I did not want, nor do want anyone to think that they are better than anyone else. We have all got different circumstances and all I asked was for each and everyone to contribute which they did.

Secondly, the squabble which broke out on the forum was in my eyes as a result of Alan offering sound advice to Trevor with regards to moving fish from one location to another. Regardless how they got there that is an offence without the correct documentation.
Unfortunately I also saw that emotions were running a little high about the same time due to a few posts that were made in other topics which were designed to create argument and had the desired effect in that thread which is why I intervened in the manner that I did.

Thirdly, the posts that were deleted were deleted by ME, not Alan or the other two Moderators. The reason for the deletion is that they made specific reference to Dyslexia which is a form of disability although not one that can be seen.
I received an email from a potential donor for raffle prizes with regards to the comments that were made on dyslexia. The sender took great offence to them and as a result nearly withdrew his donation.
When people post to the forum they are not the only ones who read them. The site receives many views daily by many people who are not 'seen' but choose to do so because they enjoy what they see.
In the month of May which is when the posts were deleted there was 75,697 views, tell me how many disliked what they read because I did hear of one almost to our cost!

Forthly, There are Four Moderators that cover this site including myself who incidently also administers it. None of the Moderators receive payment for the work that they undertake, they devote their own time and meet their own internet connection costs because they want to. The work that they do is invaluable to me and to one and all.
They, myself included, do make mistakes now and again, they can sometimes cause offence to others and above all else leave themselves wide open to personal attacks if they find cause to interject within a thread or send a personal email to a poster.
They do this to ensure that this site stays within the law and does not leave me open to litigation - for this as long as they are moderating, I will back them up to the hilt regardless if they are wrong as at times we all make mistakes, including read stuff the wrong way.
Don't get me wrong if any one of us disagrees with something that another may have done, we do discuss it but in private. Life is a learning curve and we all still have a lot to learn.

Fifth, On occasions someone will write something that can be taken the wrong way. When this happens I suggest that the reader re-read the post. If they still take offence then by all means respond to it but do so politely, express yourself in the correct manner.
To respond by throwing insults is childish and incorrect as who knows, the writer may have posted it in the opposite sense, after all we are not litterary experts, we do not write for a living, we post because we want to in the manner that we see appropriate.
Should you be the writer or respondant, don't get into a slagging match nor throw your teddies out of the cot, because that does no good what-so-ever at all. And the one thing that is totally abhorant is to start an email slagging match involving other people into the argument. To what ends do you wish to achieve?
Think about it.

Finally, and this is where I will throw in the big one.

I do not want this to continue any further as I am tired of hearing of it. If you two cannot agree to disagree, resolve your indifferences or just let it lie then leave.

I will not take sides in petty squabbles so there will be no winners, I will loose two important posters who I see as dear friends, and you both will be resigned to finding other boards to post on as I will not choose between you.

It saddens me to have to say this but for the sake of the other posters and thousands of viewers it is about time that one way or another this came to an end -

Your decisions await.

Regards, Dave

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have unlocked this thread as I wish to give you both a chance to reply to it, as i said earlier, your decisions await....

Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Fine by me Dave,
You know I have already sent Alan an E-Mail highlighting that I know two millionaires, both with far superior brains than mine, who sign their names with X's
I have catergorically stated that there is no relationship between Dyslexia and intelligence and am sick of words being put in my mouth over the subject.

People who know me, know I am tolerant of all Races ,creeds, oolour etc., and the original misunderstanding was caused by a sneer post accusing people of being lazy and needing an intelligence test, much of which was wrongly spelt!
I meant to highlight that the sneering poster was to lazy himself to use Spellcheck to edit his posts and therefore also not so superior in intelligence!
BUT this was twisted into a lecture on dyslexia and I have been by implication branded as a non-carer over the genuine people's problems.
This is the most hurtful and angering thing I haver faced on this forum, and no apology has ever been offered for this libel.

End of story!

Cheers
Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Darryl

I apologise you are correct it does indeed say "should go back to the cesspit you came from"

As for the thread on the beatings & the child drowning both were from Central news (as i live in Stafford this is my local news program as well) & not from the BNP.

I saw the pictures of two fellas who had been beaten in a park whilst fishing & posted about it.

I did not & must admit have not heard anything about the reports coming from the aforementioned organisation.

Trev

I hope your ready for this??

I apologise to you also & would like to set the record straight.

below is a "cut & paste" from the e-mail trev sent me.

quote:
when I see Dai on his sticks, PJ on crutches, Martins limp etc.
> Then I know we,d all swap it for this phoney dyslexia covering idleness!

I admit i was mad & read the mail to fast (but am now glad i saved it)

Once again i made a mistake & as some of you who know me from other forums & this one i will apologise if i was wrong, on this occasion i was & so i make my apology now.

Trevor
I apologise.

As far as i am concerned this is an end to an unpleasant era in the Maggotdrowning sites life & hope this will now be laid to rest.

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Alan,
Graciously made and totally accepted,
Thank you very much indeed and I share your last sentiments.

I accept you have a lot to read and thereby may misquote at times.

I stand by all I write, however contentious, but hate having to stand by what I didnt write!

Lets go fishing!

Cheers

Trev

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
You're welcome Trev.

Not sure about going fishing with you though, i seem to blank when i do

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

n/a2

deleted
Dave, you have shown true leadership, my friend, in helping to bring this episode to an end. I do not know Trev or Trogg personally but in the time I have been visiting this site I have formed the opinion that they are both good blokes who do a lot for other people, and long may it continue.

Hillbilly.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks Trev and Alan, as far as I am concerned this 'glitch' is now history so let's get on with the show thumbsup.gif

My regards to you both,

Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
HOORAY

thumbsup.gif Geoff
england.gif

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

danzante

Dave,
what show?......don't tell me i've got to get dressed up again?

many moons ago, at school i starred as Ginger Rogers in a stage musical (honest)
Nellie Blythe in The Smoggo Show (black soap powder) and Tom Thumb's mother.

I must have looked like an old hag all those years ago

If you have seen my wife you'd know i still wear a skirt.

Danny

paul mc

quote:
Dave,
what show?......don't tell me i've got to get dressed up again?

Danny

looks like the old shell suit and permed wig will have to come out
only joking
But its nice to see an end to it all.

Regards Paul Mc

Zinky

Grumpy
Good job I was on my Holidays for this one.

It's about time some of you sorted yourself out and acted like Angling Gents.
All this Charity work, who did this ? who got the most? who sold the most tickets ? I know two millionaires ? own expenditure has been over 150.00 in stamps, phone calls etc.
For want of A BETTER WORD its total ********.
It just goes on and on, utter dross.

Was the aim to have a day out fishing and raise some cash.
Looks like you had a comp to see who could raise the most and see who cold stab who in the back.
Any guests looking at this thread must be think "Total ********"
It's the Final Amount that counts not how you got the that figure.

ZipTrev if you and darryl have a problem with Trogg may I suggest you put your objections down in Plain English and true to fact so we can all see where Trogg is going wrong.

Oh if we are counting millionaires I know 13 and fish with 3 we only talk fish. Work and charities are a banned subjects.

Well Done to you all, may turn up myself next time ?? but do I need any body armour body.
Tight Lines and Beware of Snipers

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dragonbat,

Everything has been sorted now and indifferences sorted out but thanks for your concerns. Been on Holiday??? Gawd I wish I had time for one lol.

Next year the Northern Fish-in will be arranged with a bit more notice and they'll be more tickets available, as we've been offered the use of the adjoining fishery as well, so they'll be no need for you to miss out..... unless you're on holiday that is

Regards, Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
LOL hi DB welcome back!
13 millionaires you know,none of whom can read or write?
that's a lot!

I bet Norman's of Woodley will take their X marked cheques

No wonder they call that Regiment, Les Enfants perdue

Cheers,

Trev

Status
Not open for further replies.