My Elvington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hi everyone,
The night Owl here again and my report on Elvington!

Now this is in 2 parts, one of which may well be deleted LOL, but if it ends suddenly and youre intrigued, just send me an E-Mail to get part2!

Firstly, I arrived later on Friday than I intended, because the m1 was a veritable nightmare and after crawling for an hour + to cover the 3 junctions to the M18, I made the A63, but then needed a break and stopped for some soup and a coffee (Hate little Chef, always costs me a 5er for sod all icon_smile.gif)
When I finally arrived, I was overjoyed to be greeted by some of the nicest guys on MD, s (even if they are all peculiar looking!

Datafile.jpg

Newt! Thats Geoff, Dai, Dooby and Die Fuhrer

However, because of the circumstances, I found myself totally isolated on the other side of the Lake on Peg17 (a tip for all, nice enough peg, snaggy as hell, but definitely not for the disabled)
Datafile.jpg
I enjoyed a cracking evening sharing companionship with my good friends Geoff and Wayne, was happy to meet Dave Platt, saw my old teacher ESOX (and I still dont know if he put any lures through his swim?) and apart from the beer not being Guinness icon_smile_big.gif the evening was great!
I even got my, now traditional gift from Geoffs lovely wife Mags!
Datafile.jpg

Very apt and Thanks a million!
Dave and Stu hosted, Les Middy was an excellent bartender! Dai and young Dooby were raring to go, (Youve done well there Ray!) and if Ive missed anyone from MDs, I apologise, put it down please to age and memory!
Some great guys from other forums were there too, including John S from Anet and Alan Roe from FW, although, unfortunately, isolated as I was, I never got chance to do more than nod!
Off to the car at just past midnight, I slept like a log and then started the process of lugging my kit around the lake.

I had dared a breakfast and I must say that (although as I havent had breakfasts for a long while, I may be biased,) for 2.50, this was incredible value and 1 of the nicest breakfasts I have ever thrown up!
On the peg by 7.30, it was still nearly 9.30 before I (in my fumbling manner) was able to sit back and wait for a bite on my 3 permissible rods.

I heard Geoffs voice call for scales, presumed he had caught, but thats why I cannot report as normal, because I could not follow the action!
I of course, soon had visitors!

Datafile.jpg

I was asked during the day whether I had a cow magnet in the bag! But these were particularly annoying as they ate one of my rod bags!
PS, When Wayne came round, he of course fell for the Sheep!
The fishing was slow, as the water had been off colour for a time.
Also, the lake was packed and of course there was much movement as people walked the banks, so it was only to be expected.
Saturday arrivals came round and I was particularly pleased to see Ian mookie, (He of no car, but enough kit value to buy a Roller icon_smile_big.gif Phil; and my old friend Ray.
In fact, if Ray hadnt have been there; I may have missed my only fish!

It was whilst turning round talking to him, that he drew my attention to the drop off indicator on my 3rd rod (the one with no bite alarm, another casualty of my car theft!)
Picking it up quickly, I easily overcame this Tench on heavy equipment, fishing the method feeder, with sillybait pellet hookbait and molasses/groats laced fishmeal/crumb mix.
Dont get too excited with the detail! the combination never worked again!

Anyway, It turned out that the Tench had beaten Geoffs and until the morning results were revealed, I was in the heady position of leading the Tench Cup!!!!!
Datafile.jpg

Then we had, what for me sums up the warmth of this forum, a succession of non-fishing visitors (although of course norm, despite his protests about not fishing, did borrow a rod from me and have a go at the vacant peg next door for an hour or two!)
He also brought me some of the killer, never-to-be disclosed secret bait (good old mookie) but only Geoff seemingly could make it work!

So norm and his fine young son (even though he started the Xmas jumper syndrome!) joined us, as did Haydn, from closer, but very welcome and sure to be with us in future.
Simon R travelled from Middlesborough and were organising a Trent day!

Martin rang my mobile, to see how we were doing and Peter sent a text message! All good stuff, from the far-away, but caring guys.

I felt hungry for the 1st time for ages and even paused to sample the mobile fish van.

Again excellent! I threw up a really well cooked piece of fish! (I sometimes wonder if this new type of groundbait will catch on icon_smile_big.gif

I took a clean-up break and then carefully laid out my kit to hand with 3 (Yes 3) torches, well you know how clumsy I am!

As darkness fell, I cheated (the only advantage of being isolated!
I left my 3 carp rods in AND fished a float, shallow in the snaggy margin, with cubed luncheon meat on!
So there! banned from next year (God willing) but who was to see!

On the ledgers, Meat flavoured with floral spice (an Archie special) the method as before and finally double mussel (Dammit, sorry norm, blame Ian!)

Result, all night, zilch!
Float,
4 bites,
1st missed and a nice strike resulting in retrieving float from tree behind me!
2nd, snapped hook length
Moved up from 5lb bottom to 7
3rd good fish, knew what he was doing and dived straight into the snag under the bush! locked solid and after the obligatory 5 minutes! Pulled and broke!
Retied with 10lb bottom!
4th, an absolute animal at about 3.30.
I admit to being quite frightened by the intensity of the run! In the dark too!
The rod went round after Id struck, the fish powered off at 90 miles per hour and the 10 too went ping!
Fished and saw the dawn, heard the clock strike 6 and know no more until I found myself awakening about 7.30! Icy cold and feeling really rough!
Staggered to breakfast and wondrously ate all bar the sausages, with no problem whatsoever! but on returning to the car,. I fell into a deep sleep and didnt awaken until 12.00 thereby missing the morning session!
Missed my damn tablets too, so it was 1.00 before I fished competently again, but only had 1 touch before the fish-in was over.

Teepee and Weepee (Wendy icon_smile_big.gif) came around on Sunday, but he had no visible camera!!
However, we made provisional arrangements to hit the Don and I am really looking forward to that.
I made a conscious effort to find those cracking liverpudlian boys, Paul and Se mac. (and friend)
I was really pleased Paul had won the eel competition, because its a brave man who handles a near 5lb snake in my opinion!
I had been sitting just a few pegs from them, but was unaware and thought them Daves work colleagues, as the3 nearest guys to me were. Although not Maggot Drowners, they were good lads and I happily lent them a reel.
When they borrowed my landing net and broke it! (Well its a Zippy story) They quickly found a replacement!

And so to the Raffle.
Here, my sales were lucky, with 6 out of 55 drawn and poor Darryl! Out of the 10 he had, 5 for him and 5 for his neighbour, his neighbour won 3!

Back to the peg at 4.30 and fond goodbyes to Wayne and Geoff and apologies to everyone that I missed a farewell too, but stuck over there, with the slowness of breaking down that I now face, It was 6.00pm, before I was ready to leave.
Who was there to help me?
None other of course than Red leader and despite fishing all night, the stress of some of the things he had learned that day, he was there to help me shift that kit back to the car.
We had a good conversation and then it was time to leave.
I stopped behind to thank Stan and then made my way home without a stop!
Must have been Daves positive attitude that refreshed me>

David, you have done a cracking job and deserved a better result.
Well, in a small way it will happen, because, chasing my Guinness at 10.00pm, I learned that the landlady (not in tonight) went around collecting yesterday, so theres a bit more to come!

Cheers

Trev

AND so to Contention.

MacMillans, what does it really mean?
To those of you that dont know, Macmillans only come into the picture when a relative has been given the news that their cancer is now no longer treatable and that they have a limited time to live.
On receipt of that news, you are introduced to the Palliative care team (whos job is to provide medication to make that time as pain free and relaxed as possible) and the Macmillans team.

They provide to the sufferer cash grants to alleviate immediate problems such as, in my case, clothing, as I had shrunk from 16 stone to 10 stone and nothing fitted anymore LOL.
You think replacing stolen kit is dear! Try a wardrobe icon_smile_big.gif

Now the grant is not huge, 300-400. (I got 350) but the thought is brilliant and helps relieve the stress, which you are told is the biggest thing to avoid.
Its amazing that their creed is to relieve stress (which is the big early killer) and you meet people, who when informed seem to delight in going out of their way to create you stress!

Secondly, and to me most importantly, they offer counselling, not just to the sufferer, but also to the family.
I personally have never bothered, because I genuinely fight my own battles and face my own problems, but they see my wife on a regular basis and have spoken to my parents.
Elaine could not (despite being a nurse in a geriatric hospital, oops age-challenged hospital!!) come to terms with the news at first, but they have been absolutely marvellous with her.
They also provide funds to build hospices, where, at the latter stages, people can die with dignity, so of course, it is a charity that I can fully support.
BUT, I would ask the question.
For the superlative EFFORT Dave put in, did we all do enough for such a great venue and are we prioritising things right.

Macmillans have received some 5000 and therefore can support some 12 and people with 400 grants.
If we had raised 10000, it would have been 25 people and 20k 50 people.
So, before we all pat each other on the back and use such unthinking statements as an incredible result, what about the 37 and 12 other people we could have helped and I make no apology for pointing out that if the other 39 Anglers had produced the same result I did, the total would have been 21,000 and even that would not have been incredible, because I could have done more!

I diversified my charity efforts into obtaining a set of kit for a young Angler,
MDs responded magnificently and we raised, not 1 but 2 sets of kit.
The second one is still awaiting a recipient, because I was depressed at my efforts being undermined by directions to donate kit to another forum.
A forum incidentally, that were invited to help us sell raffle tickets and I am sure that you will not be surprised to find out that, not only did they not take Daves offer up, but that they did not even buy any!

Now, before you decide that I am decrying all the effort put in, let me clarify as follows.
Dave has done an incredible job and told me in confidence, that I now break, as I feel it important you realise his commitment, that his own expenditure has been over 150.00 in stamps, phone calls etc.
I personally think that this is grossly underestimated and suggest you all look at how much your phone bill; is, or calculate 100 stamps into s.

In another area too, his hands were tied!
Dear old Stan, who helped greatly to make the week-end and his splendid family, Im sure you will agree, had coerced Dave into selling 9 tickets to his locals.
He could only see the 20 ticket money!
Those 9 locals mostly related I understand, failed to produce ANY sponsorship money!
I hope they dont meet Stu again, or go back expecting a big welcome from Stan!

Such is Daves kindness and consideration, that he asked me not to mention it to Stan and spoil his day, but Dave, when I went to thank Stan, HE told me as his daughter had already told him!

If we had have had 9 more MDs there (and I am sure we will next year) then there would have been at least 25% more effort.
OR look at it another way; our average was 33% higher per head than we thought.
I commiserated with Stan and suggested to him that next time (and he cannot wait for a next time) then he leaves all ticket sales to Dave, as Dave will pick, not just the people who want to go for the great crack, but those who put in the effort to be worthy of joining in the crack!
If we get Raker involved as well? An increase in the number of Anglers?

I have deliberately posted that the Trent Fish-in will be Non-Charity!
Why, because you can have too much of a good thing.
If every small fish-in is tied to charity, people become blas about it.
Its too much of a pain and the effort gets diluted. The results are usually piddlingly small, cause great contention, are poorly organised and worthless in true value terms. Except as self-aggrandisement to the so-called Organiser!

If we have 1 major in-house effort (we can support others along the way, Stoney for a prime example) then we could really genuinely contribute.

Just imagine if we had the raffle tickets 4 months in advance instead of 1?
If Angling Times mentioned it 6 months, or even 2 months in advance instead of on the week.
What if we could get extra, non-fishing supporters, to help collect?
There are lots of guys in MDs who couldnt make it, but I am sure would support others if simply asked.
See Stus reference to David Hempstall, or look at Andy Toma! Hit me with 15 from him and his mate back in April.

OK This I hope you will take as constructive criticism, although I know a few self-pitying whiners will say, Ive done enough, so where is he coming from?

Im coming from a position of strength, because Ive shown you all that I can do it!
Not just mouth about it!
BUT I have certain advantages.
I used to be in commercial sponsorship and if you look at Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, It has Ricoh advertising posters all around the Boundary; I negotiated that on the original deal.
I can show each and every one of you who genuinely wants to raise the cash and therefore enjoy the fish in more how to do it, painlessly, without much effort and make it FUN to do, not a chore.

It involves far less time than you think and you will I assure you get satisfaction out of doing it.
(AND a shirt thats too big if you raise the most icon_smile_big.gif)

So whats in it for me, the cynical ask?

Satisfaction out of helping others.
The Charity? Any Charity you care to name that I can believe in.
I will die being eternally grateful to Macmillan, but not owing them a penny after what I have raised this year, so if you want my help in supporting others, as long as its relevant, Im there.

We have lots of our own people, who have special needs,
So what about their charities.
I just happened along, already under the Macmillan team, I didnt ask for it.

AND I probably will not be at the next Charity Fish-in, as this one damn near killed me LOL, certainly I wont be unless I can drive to my peg! PAD has spoiled me icon_smile_big.gif
But I will support it 100% as long as those who fish justify their place.
You can get just as much crack at Dais, Martins, ESOXs, Scotts or the Trent fish in, look at the fun we had at Semer, even in the rain, MALCs Drayton was the same.
Theyre cheaper too, for the non-tryers

Dave deserves better support, but for the 1st effort, I take my hat off to him.
The prizes value was nearly greater than the ticket sales! Incredible, now we can use the word!
If we only get the publicity now and THANK the donors (Visit the Web-Sites published)
It will be even better (and certainly easier) next time.
He has shown that he can organise an event second to none, so lets put some more effort in, in appreciation!
Lessons have been learnt and I know that the people I am trying to reach will understand that this is in no way a criticism of these weekends events and that I am trying to help improve things.
For those that take it as a criticism, or want the crack, but not any real effort! I havent got time left to give a s**t anyway icon_smile_big.gif

Believe me, if you try and let me help you raise money, I can.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Edited by - Ziptrev on 29 July 2002 06:04:54 AM

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,

Sorry you were tucked away on the lake, I assumed you had a peg reserved on the flat bank. I did enjoy your report, both sections. It was good to see you again, and Mags sends her regards.
I, for one, am glad to be associated with Maggot Drowning. I find the lads I have met, not discounting the lasses, are nice people. No pretentious posers amongst our web site.

It was good to meet a couple of new faces, and I thank Phil and Mookie for their help for a couple of my captures. (See Mook I didn.t mention the broken landing net handle LOL)

Trev, I would be grateful for any assistance you can give me to raise more money. For the next month I am looking at raising some tackle for a disabled group in Swansea who are going fishing in Norfolk sometime in September. Stu has already donated some, thank you Stu you are a diamond.

More details will be posted on here in due course because they need all the help abled bodied anglers can give them.

Trev, keep fighting and prove the quacks wrong. Take care mate.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

angler-mark

Welcome back Trev and well done to all who attended, look forward to seeing you tomorrow at Marston's and you can tell me all about the event. Thanks also for the help in the e-mail.

Tight Lines

Mark

phil

I had a good time but trev's points...all of them...are well made.

Personally I didn't raise as much as I'd hoped, but I did a bit, and others did too, but particulalry I would say well done to those who didn't even fish but still put their hands in their pockets, it was people like you who made the event a success.

Finally David, shame about the cat mate but one look at troggs mug and it was bound to escape in fear, I can't think of a person I'd rather have keeping me awake most of the night trying to land the same fish, next time it'll be yours, thanks for organising it, now try and have a break, you deserve it.

Hello to everyone, it was good to meet you and I look forward to meeting you in the future.

ttfn
phil

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Trev,

Don't expect the second part of your post deleting as it won't happen; there are some valid points in there and some useful info and on the whole post there's a few points that I would like to clarify icon_smile_big.gif

Firstly: We only reserved four pegs, two for Stu and I as we needed to be near the raffle area and two for wheelchair users as the access to half the lake is a little restricted. Yours is one of my favourite Elvington pegs, it's just a shame I didn't have a bit more time as I could have shown you the tricks. Nice Tench though and one that is classical of that swim

Secondly: You did ask to be exactly at the opposite end of the lake to Troggy and in true maggotdrowning humour that is exactly where you were icon_smile_tongue.gif Not exactly isolated though icon_smile.gif The turn out was fantastic and the only ones that blobbed were the celebs who by the way will be getting an invoice for their tickets.
To the rescue came the caravaners who quickly snapped up the spare swims at a discounted rate of 0%, lol

Thirdly: <mega disclaimer wanted here Phil icon_smile_wink.gif> I didn't do the cooking and yes I fully agree with you it was tremendous and I'm glad you enjoyed it twice icon_smile_tongue.gif
I have to express my gratitude to all the chefs who were busy in the kitchen from 6.30am cooking 46 breakfasts over the weekend plus various sandwiches and to Stan for allowing us to turn his conservatory into a cafe.

Forthly: Yes we were dissapointed with the nine individuals (Stan's) whom shall remain nameless for not raising a bean in sponsorship or raffle tickets, even when their mainman tried to convince Stu that he didn't get a sponsor form as the person who sent the tickets didn't send him one. His attitude changed somewhat when Stu (incidently suffering from a hang-over and not in a friendly, understanding mood - just setting the scene icon_smile_wink.gif) explained to him that HE had sent out the tickets and there was a ******************* form in the envelope ******** (not for family viewing lol)
No harm done though and I even took pleasure in selling them back their own donation to the auction icon_smile_tongue.gif lol, thrashing their leading Carp by 7lb's and seeing Scoobs bust their leading Tench so they went home empty handed icon_smile_big.gif

Stan and Muriel were not impressed with them either as they had been given some grief prior to the event and felt somehow responsible. It wasn't a mar on the event but one that we learn't a little from for next time icon_smile.gif

All in all we were over impressed by everyones efforts and Pat from Macmillan was to say the least overwhelmed by the amount raised as I personally think that she may have been a little sceptical when I first told her that our target was 5000 and we did hit it, collectively.

Here's to the next one icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

(PS: Just a little criticism - In confidence is exactly that, if my missus saw that I'd be in for the high jump lol)

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
AAAArrrgggghhhh, Sorry Dave,
Never crossed my mind that T would look here, (probably because Elaine doesn't!}
So if you are consigned to Decorating again, I'll have to come and clean your brushes!
Just thought you deserved the recognition of the unseen and as always with you unsung effort.
Yeah icon_smile_big.gif it was a Trogg free zone icon_smile_big.gif not a single stab wound in my back when I got home!

Geoff, You can immediately have all the spare kit that I had over from our attempts to get the youngsters kit.
Young, Disabled, anything is better than having it unused, now that our impetus was halted.
There are 4 good reels, 2 rods (1 feeder, needs a new tip ring is all and 1 float)landing nets, hooks line and sinkers.
1 of the reels for a ticket winner who was unaware it was fishing gear lol.
Brand new Shadow Red Wolf, wsith 1 spool loaded with line + loadsa bits, hooks lines feeders etc.
I'll arrange with you shortly.
If its cash to buy new kit too,or transport etc., I'll be on the PM's to you soon.
Let all of us know what it is you need.
I'm sure others may want to help.

cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Edited by - Ziptrev on 29 July 2002 5:36:59 PM

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,

Thanks a lot for your offer. I am waiting to hear from a lady called Lesley in the next couple of days, so when I get more information I will post it on a thread.

Just to highjack your thread, well your tench did beat mine - AGAIN.

I have been out today and done the rounds. Taken Mr Mainwarings prize to him and actually inspected some carp gear!!! I get the feeling hair rigs and boilies and the like will not be strangers in the future.

Norm, thanks for the mussels, two of them, (you are so generous), mind you they did catch two carp so obviously good bait.

To all the guys I met for the first time - great to meet you and hope to see you again soon.

To those I knew already the pleasure was all yours. (LOL)

Tight lines all

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?

mookie

mookie
icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif Hi all --- Wonderful marvellous and other nice words ....thats all l can say about the trip to Elvington... it was great to meet Trev...your a star mate !!!! plus Ray wish you had landed that nice carp mate !!!!! Dai wish l could have talked more to you, but you wouldnt have heard anything due to the racket coming from left of you !!!!! Hello Alan !!!! yes it was good to meet the staffy bull at long last !!!!! and as for Geoff cheers for your kind remarks about the landing net escapade...but that carp really broke it....lol lol....all l did was lift it out !!and thats for putting me in that tent of yours....l think l left a cushion in it...as its about 15 years old you can burn it ok...its been in every river and pond ....so it hums a bit....
As for the rest Dave our fair leader well dome mate it was a great weekend ....great to meet up with you and Stu....sorry we had to leave but fancied a go at the river...but that turned out to be a bit of a disaster ....Phil caught a few bleak on the River ouse l caught zilch.must have been the guinness coming out of me...too be honest l wasnt in the mood.....but l will live with my dreams of the weekend and hope to go next year if you can get Elvington again....

At least l didnt blank....3 skimmers and a couple of roach all on the maggot feeder....

So to the following....Dave, Stu, Trogg, Trev, Norm,Ray,Waxi,Geoff,Esox....and the others who l cant remember it was great to meet you guys and hope to meet up with you somewhere so we can share this great hobby of ours again.....

Many thanks also to Stan for letting me have a breakfast on the Sunday morning....

Cheers everyone....

MOOK.....Founder of B.L.C.F.L campaign Ban license cheats for life and member of clean banks campaign...

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mookie,

The pillow wanted to walk to Sarlington on its own, but Christopher felt sorry for it. Norm felt sorry for it and has promised to give it to you in a couple of weeks.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Geoff,
Your welcome, whenever or Ifever lol, it is needed.
Just to prove a point I am happy to report that another 35.00 is on its way to Dave now, as another one came off tonight!

Anyway, the offer of help is there for all.

BUT for now, I'm preparing for tomorrows match and then I may fish the Dove all night!
It's time to enjoy my fishing again!

Trev

Ziptrev

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Three times at the fish-in i said hello , i moved out of the way so you could pass (no thank you i noticed) i have done everything i can to try & make peace but no you don't want that do you Trev.

All this because you couldn't understand that a post i made was trying to help raise money for kids & not another angling website (the owner of which has made another website which promotes maggotdrowning not that you're bothered about that).

Someone else mails in Chris Goddard but i get the blame, someone else starts a thread on another website & i get the blame for that as well even though i didn't know about the zippy diary thing at the time, today Dave has recieved mails about your post & again you blame me.

I tried to warn you as a friend that you were leaving yourself open to prosecution by admitting that you move fish without a section 30 EA licence but you decide i'm "having a go".

you accuse me of posting on every one of your threads to cause trouble please show me where?.

you say dyslexia isn't a disability because it can't be seen, neither can cancer Trev only the effects of it.

You pick up on things i post & then post something containing them or aimed at them, yes i did say it was an incredible amount & for a first time it is.

You're so quick to pick up on spelling mistakes in posts but i notice you don't say anything about Darryls?? (is he dyslexic??)

You said now i've used you & now you're not needed i've dumped you, when did i use you Trev??
Have you forgotten about Rudyard, who brought the food, cooked it & didn't once ask for any money??
If you mean the stuff from askari it was your idea that you include it in your order not mine.

I'm getting sick of this s**t Trev & i don't care what people think of me, how many of them would face the same s**t without saying something??

Your mate Darryl called my home a cesspit (note the correct spelling) but still hasn't had the ******** to say why.

Others on here are scared to say anything because of your illness i'm not.

Now after all my efforts at the fish-in to sort this out in an attempt to get maggotdrowning back to its original state you post something like this
Yeah it was a Trogg free zone not a single stab wound in my back when I got home!

& you say i need to grow up.

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Sorry, cannot get involved as I do not have the delete power that you can abuse, otherwise the continual lieing slur that I have Ever mocked dyslexia would have long since been deleted,
I do not mock any disability, minority or faith , as well people know.

Ziptrev

Edited by - Ziptrev on 30 July 2002 06:52:42 AM

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
deleate power i abuse??
Now that one has lost me, what have i deleated then?

Oh & as an after thought Trev
Ask anyone who has a website, when a posting is made then deleated the post might be gone from the forums but it is still stored on the sites memory at the main servers database, so should it be needed an official letter can be sent to Dave demanding the release of the data & presented as evidence.

Just so you know.

Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 30 July 2002 02:54:36 AM

danzante

I do not know what has gone before, nor do i wish to know.

One thing i have found out in the last seven days is a little bit about Trev having an illness, one that has ravaged my family so much i try to blank it from my mind.

Trev,
you have given a lot of fun to this forum and have shown great penwork in your adventures, i don't get much time to read on here of late but i thoroughly enjoy your camaraderie and sense of humour.

Alan,
we have crossed swords in the past, albeit for a miniscule icon_smile.gif but have always gone for the laugh have'nt we?.

So i say lets not besmirch this great forum that i so look forward to reading on my days off....talk to each other in private, mend your differences and shake hands.

Forgive me for saying this but my father said to me before he passed away " you're a long time dead".

Danny

darryl

first of all trogg i did not call your house a cesspit i said that you and batfink should go back to the cesspit you came from once again our wonderfull moderator has prove that he only want`s to read half of what is written .now as to why i said it you started a tread on this forum about anglers being beaten up what you did not report that this came from the scum of the b.n.p party unlike fishing magic and central news why ? angling has enough problems with anties with out dip s..t`s like you who should no better being a moderator getting us in volved in raceist propergander as for having the gut`s to say why i had not answered you qustion i didn`t read it has for my dyslexica it`s got fu.kall to do with you

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just to be a grumpy 29 year old (that is for you Norm)

Come on people, let us let this one lie.

we do not want to be like other sites and start throwing insults across the threads. I, personally, get on with a lot of the guys on here, and have met many and I don't want to start choosing factions.

I want this site to be one big faction pulling together.

Let us all kiss and make up, on second thoughts I will wait for the sheep at the Welsh Fish-In.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh and another thing, I couldn't care what nationality you are, dyslexic, American or what just get on.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Right i've just come in and seen where this thread is going.
Nowhere fast.
A public forum is no place to conduct a public slanging match.
I have spoken to both parties about this in the past to no avail.
I am now locking this thread.
Enough is enough,anyone with any comments on this course of action can feel free to e-mail me.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Edited by - peter on 30 July 2002 7:14:25 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.