My dad broke my rod today - disaster

Total

Site Supporter
Yeah think I'm definitely going for an Acolyte. Want to see what the fuss is about. :)

Make sure you order plenty of top sections when you buy one....;)......At least the shakey had to be stood on to break it!:love::ROFLMAO:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Make sure you order plenty of top sections when you buy one....;)......At least the shakey had to be stood on to break it!:love::ROFLMAO:
Only a bad workman blames his tools ?
I havent broken mine yet which is a bit of surprise seeing as I broke my last two main float rods ? think it’s the changing to storing it in a tube that’s preserved it thus far.

Total

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo "........ Don't want to be lugging a holdall around when fishing rivers. :unsure:"

^^Ditto mate, hence why I recommend the hard ready made rod holdalls.... ;)

Total

Site Supporter
Only a bad workman blames his tools ?
I havent broken mine yet which is a bit of surprise seeing as I broke my last two main float rods ? think it’s the changing to storing it in a tube that’s preserved it thus far.

You've got enough problems without "Only a bad workman blames his tools"......:love: :ROFLMAO:

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Zerkalo, this might help? I have a LXL 14/18ft rod and a 14ft Mach 3 - the tips are interchangeable and have identical action. Maybe if you can get a tip section for a 13ft Mach 3 (much later model) you can still use your 13/17ft LXL?
That’s a really good shout ... James Robbins did tell me at the time that they are effectively the same rod at the short length (for the LXL).

spigot repair it and it will always have a flat spot,
Agreed, but would go for a “lining” rather than the traditional spigot. Also far enough down then blank to be worth a try.