Must stop buying pole floats

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
What is the difference between summer and winter pattern floats ?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
What is the difference between summer and winter pattern floats ?
They just tend to be slimmer , lighter, finer bristle etc as bites are more finicky...obviously things like edge, shallow, mugging floats are all summer floats... , my winter and summer floats don’t tend to be any different patterns to be honest ..

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
They just tend to be slimmer , lighter, finer bristle etc as bites are more finicky...obviously things like edge, shallow, mugging floats are all summer floats... , my winter and summer floats don’t tend to be any different patterns to be honest ..
Thank you for that 😊

pies

Site Supporter
Winter rigs for me are generytied on slightly finer rig body, typically 0.15
Bristles in summer are typically 2mm hollow. As winter draws in tat will drop to 1.5mm or 1.2mm hollow. When really hard i will drop to 1mm solid glass. The test of the float will remain the same pattern.
so basically colder use finer bristles

pies

Site Supporter
Just brought these .5 loaded mugging floats, DS Floats (Aiden Mansfields) , they look the biz, no shot down the line, should swing about nice and quickly on a long line 👍. 63CD53FD-5006-4334-B150-5462F9D1F74D.jpeg
Im blaming you 😂

Attachments

• DAC6BCF6-C701-41CB-A81F-BACA732F422C.jpeg
    DAC6BCF6-C701-41CB-A81F-BACA732F422C.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 12

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Like taking a kid to a sweet shop, no fair 😆
I’m sorted for floats , but the range and quality of products they do look awesome, a lot of Aid Mansfield’s input, revamped MAP floats, but stronger as handmade as opposed to mass produced 👍👍

pies

Site Supporter
I’m sorted for floats , but the range and quality of products they do look awesome, a lot of Aid Mansfield’s input, revamped MAP floats, but stronger as handmade as opposed to mass produced 👍👍
I only buy hand made now, better quality, only pence dearer and it keeps somebody employed in this country 😀

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Just had a look on the PR float website. Very nice looking floats.
Phil is a top guy as well, his floats are unbreakable in normal fishing situations, mind you so are malmans..I’ve used malmans for 5-6 years and I’ve only ever broke 1 and that was setting up, I accidentally snapped it 🤷‍♂️

Dean56

Site Supporter
Its super addictive. I'm new to pole fishing one full season and a bit, but must have over 50 brought floats and again that number made. Most will never get used. How i wish Could be like some people, keep and use their old rods and reels, just make a dozen floats each season to go. Continuously buying fishing gear is crazy, but again addictive.
Amen to that! Bought my first pole last spring, 3 trays of floats already. I’m close to retirement age and have still not lost the buzz of buying the latest new item that’s going to double my catch rate overnight. still have loads of unloaded floats even though I’ve been using loaded floats for two decades, likewise feeders etc. Got boxes of original method feeders and the moulds , same with float attachments,loop tyers etc etc , why is it so hard to bin stuff we haven’t used since we were young and good looking !
Yours a fellow addict, hoping never to be cured.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
So I feel dirty again..... I have fallen off the wagon and visited Gaz Malman’s website. He had Winter Wires in stock, I didn’t order many just the 32, 8 of each size 😝
Ha you cleaned his stock out now 😂😂

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
:unsure: Malman Floats

1615205078009.png

Not when he steps back off a platform wearing waders. not once but twice in the space of 30 minutes. 😂🤣

Good lad is Gaz, used to fish the MD's matches at Rolf's a few years ago and always brought plenty of floats down with him. :upthumb: