Must stop buying pole floats

pies

Site Supporter
Why do i do it. Ive cut down the patterns of pole floats i use in winter now to three but that could soon be two
So why have i been buying loads of Malman floats over the last two months. Purely winter patterns as well.
Is there some medication i cant take to stop this, my wallet starting to feel ill ?

fishcatcher4

Why do i do it. Ive cut down the patterns of pole floats i use in winter now to three but that could soon be two
So why have i been buying loads of Malman floats over the last two months. Purely winter patterns as well.
Is there some medication i cant take to stop this, my wallet starting to feel ill ?

I have been through this illness myself mate and am sorry to say there is no known cure.:D

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
I am the same with float parts. I make my own but I must have 200 or more displayed in my shed, 100 made up in my bow and the same in the local tackle shop...and I still order more parts!

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I think that maybe due to the Coronavirus, alot of us find time hangs heavily on our hands and so we bus floats in order tomake up rigs to give us something to do to pass the time, thoughts guys?

pies

Site Supporter
I think that maybe due to the Coronavirus, alot of us find time hangs heavily on our hands and so we bus floats in order tomake up rigs to give us something to do to pass the time, thoughts guys?
No me im busier than ever setting up machines in hospitals and labs to kill the virus, when most people were of in lockdown i worked 3 months straight no breaks, very stressfull

The Landlord

Site Supporter
No me im busier than ever setting up machines in hospitals and labs to kill the virus, when most people were of in lockdown i worked 3 months straight no breaks, very stressfull
And you reckon making pole rigs isn't stressful?
You've obviously never heard the language out of me, trying to thread a float rubber on or trying to put a No11 shot on the line :(

OldTaff

Site Supporter

We have been flat out since March because of Covid and now Brexit adding to the bundle of fun scaring the wotsits out of our European customers - scraping a few hours on a Saturday morning is all I can manage to decompress (vital) with no room for idle hands, done three 60hr weeks on the trot.

Buying pole floats is a ‘must do‘ just to build up a decent set from scratch since clearing everything 15yrs ago, luckily finding some bargains on marketplace - £7 inc p&p

E5D080DA-6E43-4281-B1EB-60F42D2E865D.jpeg

Rick123

Site Supporter
Its super addictive. I'm new to pole fishing one full season and a bit, but must have over 50 brought floats and again that number made. Most will never get used. How i wish Could be like some people, keep and use their old rods and reels, just make a dozen floats each season to go. Continuously buying fishing gear is crazy, but again addictive.

fredradac

Site Supporter
Another addict here - especially those that seemed like an unbelievable bargin at the time (and are still waiting to be put on a rig).

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I’m the same. I went through all my rigs last year and sold , must have been 80 on the Bay. Told myself to cut down to a few makes and patterns. I’m nearly back up to my presale numbers again. There is no hope. I’m a muppet . Perhaps we should start Pole floats anonomous (sp) for all us sorry souls.

pies

Site Supporter
There is a cure, ween your self off pole floats and onto no13 shot.
More bang for your buck - I have thousands!
Tried that one. Seems like one in three make it on the line the rest ping all over the place. They rattle well up the hoover 😂

dave brittain 1

Make your own that way you'll rationalise your patterns and only make when your stock is low. You can also tailor the floats to your individual requirements, particularly the stem and bristle length/diameters to suit the venues you fish.

Below Nickel TI stem, 1.2mm and 1.5mm tip, silvers patterns for commercials ready for varnish.

20210115_203719.jpg

Marker50

Site Supporter
The only bit i dont like is putting silicon on stem.for some reason hate that bit