Munchy's May Madness

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Would there be any legs in holding such an event? May bank holiday weekend and obviously up North in Yorkshire. Not this year 2021 obviously but next year.
Thoughts and ideas welcome. Neither of us have arranged such an event so we will be learning as we go but it will be a "fun" match. Waggler only? That will be different and even things out somewhat.
Just ideas right now.

Munchy

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm sure it would be a go'er and waggler only could be fun. I'd happily come along. :upthumb:

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
That's a great first endorsement Peter. I'll put my thinking cap on and call some venues for availability.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm not sure about a waggler only event, a lot would have to be determined on the weather

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
I will get in touch with Lindholme and see if there is any availability for either Sunday 1st May or Saturday 7th? Would the Saturday be better I wonder?

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Having a chat with Mrs Munch she thought that making it rod and line only might put people off attending, whereas those who do not own or fish one, for once might be in with a chance of actually competing equally and be really up for it. So, an idea... 2 matches. Pole match and road and line match. 2 lots of winners. It's just ideas at the moment but as always feel free to comment and suggest. (y)

The Munchies

steve king

The One and Only
Site Supporter
I was on a 6 hour match a few years ago where they had the first 3 hours fishing the pole then a 30 minute break for toilet and refreshments then the last 3 hours fishing rod and line any format ie (waggler ,bomb or feeder).
Just an idea you could just fish rod and line with a float of any description.