mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
myself I left home at 16 and made my own way in the world, for better or worse

nowadays the trend is to live off your parents for far longer

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I was out soon as I had enough to survive or I’d have been living in prison, my 2 are 27. And 30 and at home and I wouldn’t want em to leave and be in debt or worrying about owt, life is to enjoy so when they got enough saved they will fly the nest then, until then we all live in a crazy happy house together ??

62tucker

Site Supporter
1 daughter has just left and bought her own house. Other daughter and son still at home. And can see it being like that for a while yet.
Me I was out at about 20. Reason being. A child on the way ?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I was 23 when I bugged out.... met the lass o' me dreams and bought a house together... no help from my parents, got told to get out and work or beggar off... no chance of further education for me... just 44 years of graft and now enjoying the benefits of retirement.. still with theass o me dreams and still in the same house :cool:

johng19

me@home.com
The government think tank will be looking at this and thinking, how they can make ways of taxing this. They will be now kicking them selves they let the pole tax go.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Moved out at 17, married the only girlfriend I've ever had at 19. I'm 52 now and we've been together since we were 15. Had our Laura at 27 / 28. She moved out with her job ( manager at M&S ) at 19, bought her own house at 21. I can't see us having any grandkids anytime soon as she is extremely career orientated. Don't see her half as much as Id like but, there's always room here if she wants to come back. I do miss her. ?

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Left to join the Army at 17 1/2 and spent very little time at Hotel of Mum And Dad after that.

Blanks

Site Supporter
Same as Geoff joined up at 17 and posted to Germany before I was 18.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: no missing 'L' syndrome:p

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Left home at 17
But kids still at home , I would consider all chipping in on one big house if it was easier for them.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There's a poem for this

My grandfather made bricks
My father made bricks
I make bricks, too
But where is my house?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I left home and went to uni at 18. Got married half way through and never moved back.

Our kids both moved out at 18 too. I’ve got a mate whose 38 year old daughter still lives at home.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
All a case of circumstance really. Moved out at 18 when I went to uni for 4 years then finished and moved home but got a decent job straight away then 3 years of saving got me into a position position to buy a place then I got made redundant. New job a lot worse pay which set me back years. All my mates that bought places either bought with the mrs or with help with parents neither of which was an option for me.

chappo

Found this fascinating for those of us who paddled our own canoes