multplier reels

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
I was wondering if anyone new of any little multipliers for lure fishing that are on the market between the 25-35 range. I know its asking a lot but i would like one of these but can't afford to go above my budget.(Got a list of things i need to buy this summer! new Keepnet, landing net, new carp rod etc)

J.Tolley

Lid

I never enjoyed using a multiplier myself and could never see the advantage over a fixed spool. I'm sure some-one can tell me why a multiplier is better though!!

Lid [:)]

peterpike

The Shimano Calcuta is the one but a bit pricey at 150.Carters of Preston are doing an offer on the ABU Ambassadeur 6501 C3 LHW at the momment 74.99 should be 116.I have had fish to over 30lb in the N West on this real(you only get what you pay for)to get the best out of a real like this you need to pay the money.Line wise 100lb power pro,no bird nests and no lost lures,and more important Pike welfare.Go by all means to the cheaper end of the market but you could end up with a night mare.Regaurds Peter Pike

Flying Fish

John Wilson Six-Shooter reels are good, cost around 40 if you shop around. Magnetic brake control, one handed casting etc, and left or right handed versions.Use braid, 50lb, Couple it with a trigger-grip rod and you have a great set-up, Rex Hunt uses thsi type for al sorts of fishing on the tely, seems to catch all sorts of monsters on `em ! Shakespear do a similar reel in their catalogue, even cheaper with less bearings etc.

The Ambassadeur 6500 /6501 series is a hefty reel for fresh-water, I use mine for beach casting and light boat fishing. If you want the ABU quality, have a look at the 5500 or even the 4500 series, smaller line capacity, narrower spools. The new ABU EON reel is also very good.

JM2pW. F.F. <'}}}><

mav

Hi Percher,

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Lid on this one. I doubt a cheap multiplier will do anything better than a good fixed spool reel. i suppose they're more compact though. If it's perch and not pike that you're mostly after look at Shakespeare Alpha Spin combo, you get a rod and a multiplier type reel for abot $20 squid.

Cheers,

Mav

Status
Not open for further replies.