Multi length rods - does it impact the action / casting accuracy

Badger61

Depends how the rod is made - which bit fits where - and what material those bits are made from regardless of taper. TBH I wouldn't fish without my 10ft/11ft Ultralights. A pair of them, for me, is better than 1x10ft and 1x11ft.
I think it all depends on the rod. I have 2 x 10/11ft Drennan Ultralights. They are very very good at both lengths. I did possess a 9/10ft Ultralight that was truly awful and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Neither of these rods are chucking beasts or commercial carp rods though.
If I wanted a rod that was needed to throw a distance or drag carp in, I would get one length.

RMNDIL

I think it all depends on the rod. I have 2 x 10/11ft Drennan Ultralights. They are very very good at both lengths. I did possess a 9/10ft Ultralight that was truly awful and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Neither of these rods are chucking beasts or commercial carp rods though.
If I wanted a rod that was needed to throw a distance or drag carp in, I would get one length.
Same method of design & production applies though.

I actually like the 9ft/10ft version although use the longer 10ft/11ft more often due to the venues I fish mostly.

I have some 11ft/12ft and 12ft/13ft feeder rods for the river and the extra 1ft/reduction of 1ft can be very, very useful. The 'std' 11ft/12ft are much easier to make up & take and for swims where you can't get the rod up, vegetation gets in the way or want to be 'lobbing' underarm close in, casting accurately close to a nearby feature, tucking the tip in etc etc. But the longer lengths help with distance, depth, playing fish away from snags/trees etc etc. All have their uses. And it stops me having to take 2x11ft rods + 2 x 12ft rods and/or 2x12ft rods (more powerful) + 2x13ft rods.