Mugging.. For or against?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I think you need to book an appointment with an otorhinolaryngologist to get your hearing sorted mate....:rolleyes:(y).....I think the conversation may have gone along the lines of.... ".....I'm 4' 6" and I'm just popping out to the vets to get our Winston some Bob Martin tablets.....":oops:;)
👂what ya say ? 😳😁

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Put someone up against any expert in any sport and they'll get smashed up 🤷‍♀️

I'm not saying it's not an acquired skilled where knowledge is needed but it's not ex actly as in depth as other methods of fishing..
Of course it is an acquired skill, it’s not as easy as some might think.

JLK

You need really good eye sight to mug properly and be on the right peg with the right lighting conditions.
Those are the two conditions that stand out for me on the venues I fish.
Even if you have good eyesight I've been on pegs that have been flitting between white and dark water and have had no chance against someone who could see the fish to be able to mug them.
This is where it becomes in my book a grey area and should be banned in matches, as aside from drawing a good or bag peg everyone is on an even keel with mugging out of the equation.

Maverick

When mugging fish is the bait suspended under the float or on the surface? Don't pole fish so don't know.