Mozzies...A Warning.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Wifey (Sharon) was bit by a mozzie a couple of days ago. Tonight she collapsed in the kitchen, the paramedics have just left. She has to stay tonight in hospital due to the bite causing some sort of problem. I asked if it was a rare or a common thing and he said it's something that affects roughly 1 in 150. So if you're planning on a days fishing...take extra care please, she's in a shocking state.

Total

Site Supporter
Pete, I wish Mrs UKZero a speedy recovery mate....Kindest regards to you both. (y)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
If ever i get bit i take a couple of antihistamine Tablets due to a few year ago having a bad do with a wasp sting.

Fritz

Petri Heil! (german angler‘s greeting)
I wish your wife a fast recovery.
May God protect you both through the darkness of the night!

Oldmech

Site Supporter
Hope the good lady recovers ok, my wife is allergic to some mossy bites and sometimes has to get medical help, wonder what purpose on earth these mosquitoes serve other than to annoy every living thing in their path.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
If ever i get bit i take a couple of antihistamine Tablets due to a few year ago having a bad do with a wasp sting.

And there lies the problem mate, the medic says it's better NOT to get bit in the first place. I'll tell, you, she looks terrible.. I couldn't go with her to hospital because we're dog sitting 2 yappy Yorkshire terriers.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
And there lies the problem mate, the medic says it's better NOT to get bit in the first place. I'll tell, you, she looks terrible.. I couldn't go with her to hospital because we're dog sitting 2 yappy Yorkshire terriers.

Good luck mate, the wasp sting incident was horrendous swelling and sickness some sort of allergic reaction, now i have them tablet in my van, my snap bag, fishing box just in case (y)

stikflote

Site Supporter
Hope she gets well soon mate,
ive been bitten a lot this year loads of swelling and one visit to doctor

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Pete, give Sharon mine and Mags best wishes. Mags did say there are craftier ways of getting out of the cooking and washing up, she uses them all the time!!!!

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Thanks all,

It's surprising what one little bite can do to some people. I didn't realise how common the effects seem to be. I'm sure she'll be ok but I put this up as a warning to others to be careful and use some sort of spray or barrier cream (if needed) to keep them off rather than deal with it later. You wouldn't think it would happen a couple of days after being bit.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
In August sat out in the sun next to our caravan have a few beers. Lifted the bottle and when I went to drink a wasp came out and stung my bottom lip, Jesus it didn’t half hurt. Anyway the wife jumped up and said let me sucking the sting out. If anyone had seen the both of us, I don’t know what they would have thought. Luckily I didn’t have any reaction to the wasp sting or the wife?
Lesson learnt drink out of a glass not a bottle
Hope you wife makes a full recovery and she is back home soon with you.