moving soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragman

Hi

I'm new to this forum and I'm moving soon up to Leigh in Lancs....

Can anybody tell me what fishing is available around that area??

Thanks

crusty

Hi Bill, welcome to maggotdrowning.

what sort of fishing are you after?
I lived in Leigh a long time, and there's all sorts, from park lakes to Pennington flash, canals to the tiny river Glaze, there's a good choice within a small area. Let us know what you like and someone on here will point you in the right direction.[;)]

crusty

Dragman

Hi Crusty,

Thanks for the welcome...

Any general coarse fishing, on any type of water around that area will do me to start, then maybe branch out futher once i'm settled...

So long as i'm fishing that'll do me...

Robbydrum

Dragman try Fan Lodge down Bickershaw lane(near Hindley prison) there are three lakes there all fish well ,Its well bailifed well and you can fish it on a day ticket (the bailif john will sell you a ticket 2.50 I think or better still join Wigan Anglers (at most tackle shops ) for 22.I am on fan lodge myself tomorrow morning ...I fish it a lot its a super place ..see you there sometime [:D]

Dragman

Thanks Robbydrum, I'll be sure to look that place up when i get up there....

Dragman

C'mon guys... surely there must be more round there......

Any place or info is welcome....

I don't intented taking long un-packing, so i wanna get out on the bankside A.S.A.P.

phil-k

What about Leigh canal.It runs straight through Leigh town center.

Wigan AA have an amazing website and plenty of waters within a few miles of Leigh.

http://www.wigandaa.org.uk/

madeinbolton

the cat man
try fir tree flash. a very good water for tench. also holds some nice carp and crucians.
matches on there every sunday dring the summer

Dragman

I've seen the canal Phil... it's about 200 yards from the place i'm moving too.... Any idea who controls it??

Wow.. a lot of water on the Wigan ticket and all for 22 quid... definately worth looking into....

Thx MIB.... Don't know where that is, but i'm sure i'll find out, if the matches are advertised i'll sure be having a go at some time or other...

Thanks guys... keep 'em coming... And look forward to maybe meeting some of you once i get up there...

Bill....

Dragman

Ho Hum....

Don't ya just lurve wimmen...

Everything was set for the move.. found a house... got almost half our stuff packed up....

Then guess what....

The missus changed her mind and didn't want to move.... :( ...

All that for nothing...

Thanks for all your replies... got a feeling it may still happen... but not just yet...

Wimmen eh????

Status
Not open for further replies.