Mourhino

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad4barbel

Mourning had interview with sky sports yesterday & stated that Liverpool, united & city are spending millions to buy title where as we at Chelsea have not made any significant signings.
What a prize Muppet, what the f##k has roman asonofabitch & chelsea been doing since he took over[:I] they have done nothing but BUY trophies

DFL

Site Supporter
Jose is an intelligent man and knows exactly what Chelsea have done (and spent), he just loves to stir it up with the media and the opposition.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Think that will be Jose starting his mind games then. Agree to a certain extent that most teams buy it, although some managers are worth 20 points a season imo, only a few of them in recent times too, of which Jose definitely is in that category. If it were possible to have 20 teams with exactly same funds and assets in terms of player talent, Jose's team would win it, purely because there is no better manager at the moment.
In terms of buying it, utd's early success was based around home grown talent, usually adding a world class player each year, but also breeding a few at the same time. Now needing to catch up and spend though.
Chelsea have slowed up a little in buying and on recent form it may be fair to agree with Jose, in that they don't need to buy heavy.
City? Buying it big time and am just waiting for the bubble to burst, not many managers can keep all that talent happy.
Arsenal, am sure the fans would love them to buy it, wengers recent dig at utd for spending heavy probably wound his own fans up more than us.

Pontius Pilate

mufc ok
Originally posted by Matt Simmy

Everyone buys the title

Man utd,Arsenal and Liverpool reinvest money that the club make into the team which is not buying trophys and never will be......

Abramovich bought the title for chelsea with his own money and Sheikh Mansour bought the title for man city with his own money...

But to befair its the only way man city or chelsea could have gone to get success so good look to them[:T]

mad man is only moaning because jose has wenger over 99 percent of the time[:T]

Last edited:

SevernTraveller

Don't agree with you there Paul

It doesn't matter whether the money is self-generated or rich benefactor,unless you are playing with "home-grown" players you are still buying the title.

DFL

Site Supporter
I'm not sure just how much Man City have spent since the Arab owners took control of the club some seven years ago, in that time they have won two league titles (nearly one title) and two domestic cups if my memory serves correct. Hardly domination, they obviously aren't spending enough.

Money alone doesn't buy the success, needs a good manager with a great support team too.

SevernTraveller

And more importantly players that deliver

Liverpool,Arsenal,United themselves have spent a lot past 3 seasons and the returns have been pretty poor.

DFL

Site Supporter
Originally posted by SevernTraveller

Liverpool,Arsenal,United themselves have spent a lot past 3 seasons and the returns have been pretty poor.

"Needs a good manager" I rest my case.[:)]

Pontius Pilate

mufc ok

Last 2 seasons for mufc

Pontius Pilate

mufc ok

Don't agree with you there Paul

It doesn't matter whether the money is self-generated or rich benefactor,unless you are playing with "home-grown" players you are still buying the title.

So you are telling me clubs should hord up all the money they make and not re invest it in the team.

so are stoke trying to buy a top ten finish ?

Pontius Pilate

mufc ok
Originally posted by DFL

I'm not sure just how much Man City have spent since the Arab owners took control of the club some seven years ago, in that time they have won two league titles (nearly one title) and two domestic cups if my memory serves correct. Hardly domination, they obviously aren't spending enough.

Money alone doesn't buy the success, needs a good manager with a great support team too.

Man City have had to buy there way to success and like iv said good luck to them as it was there only way. Where over the years united,arsenal and liverpool have bought players with there own money to supplement home grown talent which for me is not buying trophys.

SevernTraveller

No Paul,I am saying that unless the clubs recruit home grown players from around the area (rarity these days) then all clubs regardless of where the wealth comes from buy success.

Nobody mentioned hoarding the money (unless Arsene W of course )

Yes Stoke have spent money the past 3 seasons and again as United mostly self-generated income - sales and good transfer deals.

Difference is we can't afford to waste 49 million on a player

[:)]

spirit of abu

No one else buys trophys my a55

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum/uploaded/spirit of abu/201572982918_10984028_389608994565905_7833944155896349690_n.jpg

SevernTraveller

Didn't look the best defence in the world last night against Barca
Hazard though - what a player

As for spending money!!!

Hit and miss? Manchester United's biggest buys
59.7m - Angel Di Maria from Real Madrid
37.1m - Juan Mata from Chelsea
30.75m - Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham
30m - Rio Ferdinand from Leeds
29m - Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao
28.1m - Juan Sebastian Veron from Lazio

pole addict

[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.