Motorways

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Today I've got to go on...

M42 :unsure:
M6 :mad:
then M69 (y)

.. to get to a job. The M69 is fine and one of my favourite motorways. The other two, (n). Roadworks and a 50 zone on the M6 just past coventry for absolute miles.

Any favs or ones you particularly dislike?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'll have Sam Smith and Shawn Mendes playing on BBC Radio 2 to keep me company and stuck in my head no doubt as at least a 3 hour round trip..

Last year when I was a lot busier I clocked over 40,000 miles.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"I'll have Sam Smith and Shawn Mendes playing on BBC Radio 2 to keep me company and stuck in my head no doubt as at least a 3 hour round trip.. "

Jeez you really have got a depressing trip - you have our sympathies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
i was a van driver for over twenty years try driving for 8 hours with none working radio in van that is long day used to hate m1 rush hour near meadowhall more so at christmas when our depot was there

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Quite like a drive up the M40 - always feels like a long way compared to the M1/M6, but it's so much less stressful.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I was down Birmingham way all weekend and there’s some right wallys on the m6 down that way.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Anything north of Birmingham is my comfort zone.

And if I'm in the London area, any sign reading "The North" will cheer me up.
:devilish:;)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I quite like the 50 zone on the M6. No lunatics doing 100 and everything flows nicely. Peaceful. And in reality you don't lose that much time, possibly ten minutes in total.

davylad

I wish I had a pound for every time I've travelled the M62, it's the Rugby League corridor. No problem at all usually.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Quite like a drive up the M40 - always feels like a long way compared to the M1/M6, but it's so much less stressful.

I had a lot of work in Leamington so used to hop on the M40 for a bit, but if I'm going to London I always use the M40 over the M1. It's not the worst part of the M1 but a lot more relaxing on the M40.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I wish I had a pound for every time I've travelled the M62, it's the Rugby League corridor. No problem at all usually.

Unless ya set off from Castleford on a friday Night heading for Wigan and hit a tailback before Leeds :(:(

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Dont do the m3 at the moment as kids are chucking rocks into the windscreens.
Police are asking for help ! to catch these idiot kids.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Today I've got to go on...

then M69 (y)

.. to get to a job. The M69 is fine and one of my favourite motorways. The other two, (n). Roadworks and a 50 zone on the M6 just past coventry for absolute miles.

Any favs or ones you particularly dislike?

Think my favourite drive is the A1 from North of Newcastle around the Alnwick way to Edinburgh, either way, up or down, I always like that route

62tucker

Site Supporter
Think my favourite drive is the A1 from North of Newcastle around the Alnwick way to Edinburgh, either way, up or down, I always like that route
Do Gateshead to bamburgh every week. But up from Berwick to Edinburgh is a nice route

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Dont do the m3 at the moment as kids are chucking rocks into the windscreens.
Police are asking for help ! to catch these idiot kids.

That reminds me of this

In America but "As a result of this crime, Ohio began to require fencing on highway overpasses to prevent deaths and injuries caused by youths throwing rocks at vehicles".

One of the stupidest things you could do.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I quite like the 50 zone on the M6. No lunatics doing 100 and everything flows nicely. Peaceful. And in reality you don't lose that much time, possibly ten minutes in total.

I'd beg to differ Neil I have to go to Redditch tomorrow morning and even leaving the house at 6 AM it can take 2 hours to do a journey that should take 1 Hour 20 minutes. The M6 doesn't move at 50 Mph at that time of the morning more like 10 Mph then come to a standstill then up to 15 miles an hour then stop and repeat ad naseum.

M1::unsure:
M69 (y)