Motorised trolley

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
I need a motorised trolley to get my tackle to my peg. The only ones currently marketed which I can see are the Carp Porters (Nash or Prestige). Have any matchmen among you got one, or know of something similar? I'm thinking they may be rather large. I need one with back wheels as well as front.

No good mentioning PowaWalkers, which are no longer made, and I don't have the tools, expertise, time or inclination to take a motor off a golf trolley and fix it to a Preston or something similar.

If you have a Carp Porter do you have a van to wheel it into? If so what would you recommend?

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
2A307D31-C687-44F4-AB76-8B69BCA46E25.jpeg

Local lad selling a motorised Preston Shuttle, looks quite good to be fair and not much more to fold down for transport by the looks of it.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
After years of putting it off, I've finally succumbed and bought a Preston 4-wheel trolley. It's excellent, but already I'm thinking how nice it would be if it had a motor. Preferably one strong enough to pull me along as well.
But everything comes at a cost, so can anyone tell me how much weight a suitably powered motor might add ?
Because then you have to lift the damn thing into the car!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mac, drop @njdudsbury a PM and have a word with him. He does them based on the Preston 2 wheeler, I've had mine for a couple of years now as due to a bit of a dodgy hip preventing me pushing a barrow any distance I found was starting to limit the venues I could fish it's made a real difference, allowing me to once more enjoy venues where I can't park behind a peg. :upthumb:

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/attachments/1567760631913-png.20516/

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/attachments/1567760675375-png.20517/​

njdudsbury

Evening all. Thanks for the nudge Peter! My design unlike others fully breaks down for transportation in your vehicle. You can even convert it back to a push along trolley it you don't need the motor for short walks! If you want any more info give me a call on 07976982081. I may be able to convert a four wheeler as well but it wouldn't be able to break down fully but I'm working on that! Cheers

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Thanks for that, everybody. I'll ring you, njdudsbury, for a chat in the next day or two. I wouldn't need to break it down completely as I'm aiming to get a van I can wheel it straight into. About to go out, so I can't ring now.