Motion Detection Spy Camera?

Maverick

Site Supporter
My Sister who has carers visiting her bungalow on a daily basis has had a few items go missing and a bit of money from her purse.

Got me wondering about spy cameras and wether I can install one for her that won't be spotted. Probably a motion detection type etc.

Any ideas on these? maybe someone has one, or has used one in the past.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Saw a programme the other day that showed loads on eBay. They came fitted into different ordinary household items. But I have no personal experience.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I have one similar to this , you can probably get more covert ones, can access the camera anywhere in the world. Does motion detection, can link to an email address or connect to your phone.
Needs a small memory card, I think mine has a 4gb one which is plenty.
Mine is powered by an old phone charger and cable.

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Check these out

Maverick

Site Supporter
OK so if I'm understanding this correctly.

I download an app to my android phone which enables me to watch any recorded videos from the camera on my phone..

The camera will switch on and record automatically if any motion is detected and I'm guessing will record for a set time then switch off.

Guessing the battery in them is rechargeable so will only run for so many hrs (maybe needs connecting to a battery bank to last for a 12hr period)

If its activated and say I'm out fishing will it notify my phone providing I have a wi-fi signal?

Please correct me on anything I have got wrong or have missed.

Thanks for the help by the way (y)

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I think this sort of thing is quite rife with Eastern European careers. They see it as perks of the job.

Maverick

Site Supporter
All correct except mine is mains powered but I reckon you could use a power bank aswell.
Just another question please.

I get that these will stream to my mobile phone if activated by the motion sensor but will the recordings automatically save to my mobile phone as well?

The picture of the app you have posted appears to show that the recordings are recorded to your phone.

I'm thinking of an instance where someone may spot the camera, realise they have been caught on it and simply take it with them to remove the evidence. Would I still have the proof recorded on my phone?

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
You would need to set it up to go to email in that case, just start a new email account with say Gmail pretty straight forward.
All recordings would be sent there so you can access them even if the camera is stolen, I recommend you set it up somewhere high where it won't be noticed.

Tyecon

Reading reviews on Amazon the blink camera saves footage to cloud not great reviews by some people but I think that could be not being able to st it up properly

Amazon product

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Just another question please.

I get that these will stream to my mobile phone if activated by the motion sensor but will the recordings automatically save to my mobile phone as well?

The picture of the app you have posted appears to show that the recordings are recorded to your phone.

I'm thinking of an instance where someone may spot the camera, realise they have been caught on it and simply take it with them to remove the evidence. Would I still have the proof recorded on my phone?
Normally yes. We have a Yale CCTV installed at the pub & also a Homesafe View System. You can view everything on your phone, 24 hours a day...record it & save the videos to your phone. Homesafe can be bought from Curries. No wiring needed...you just get a hard drive & some cameras that can be wall mounted & it all links up wirelessly.

Maverick

Site Supporter
You would need to set it up to go to email in that case, just start a new email account with say Gmail pretty straight forward.
All recordings would be sent there so you can access them even if the camera is stolen, I recommend you set it up somewhere high where it won't be noticed.
Thanks mate. Much appreciated. Just ordered a cheap one to get me started and enable me to have a better understanding of how it all works. Sounds simple enough providing I can get the camera to link with my phone ok (y)

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
If it's a motion camera that takes photos or footage of someone in the home won't it be going off all the time and (without knowing) quickly use any memory up?