Mote Park

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I know a few of the Kent anglers have mentioned fishing at Mote Park. Not sure if they have seen this post on Facebook from The Freshwater Informer

The Freshwater Informer

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 23.17.37.png
That's the spot where I fish (disabled swims). As it happens I found out about this the other day when I blanked and had a natter with the bailiff while packing up. Would have posted sooner except was ambulanced in to hospital. Have just got back with a new friend Kath-Eater. So fishing is out for a bit. Silvers are ok but bream difficult- not exactly non existent as the guy in the swim nearer the boat house landed a nice 7 lber amongst 3 other decent sized bream, while the guy in the next swim drew a big fat zero too

Thanks! Good informative post

scuttster

Site Supporter
That's the spot where I fish (disabled swims). As it happens I found out about this the other day when I blanked and had a natter with the bailiff while packing up. Would have posted sooner except was ambulanced in to hospital. Have just got back with a new friend Kath-Eater. So fishing is out for a bit. Silvers are ok but bream difficult- not exactly non existent as the guy in the swim nearer the boat house landed a nice 7 lber amongst 3 other decent sized bream, while the guy in the next swim drew a big fat zero too

Thanks! Good informative post
Hopefully both you and the lake recover quickly.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mote park is an ace venue, on its day the fishing can be fantastic with the roach and bream, other days .........................!

had some really good times there, great memories of days fishing with a great now deceased mate, the matches Ive fished over the years there, the black dog catching 6 rats in the bushes in a hour or so, the topless girl day, the peg of frogs, hasidic orthodox jews going around the lake in that old swan pedalo, (I near died laughing that day, my chest hurt)

I wish that I had that in my backyard