Most useless Tackle Tart Attractor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Just wondered what you think?
As a self confessed tackle and advert freak (I even bought Ultrabite!!!)
Where do you draw the line?

Personally, I cannot bring myself to buy a 30-45 MEAT CUTTER!!!!!
Firstly, have you any problems with a knife?
and secondly, everyone advises me to use uneven,irregular shaped bits of meat!
Any other contenders?

Trev

Ziptrev your resident alcoholic2.gif

Edited by - Ziptrev on 12 February 2002 4:14:37 PM

MALC

With you on this one Trev.
Definatly the meat cutting machines.
I use trays of meat during the season and i use my 4 different sized riddles and all together they dont add upto the price of a meat cutting machine and i can use them for maggots and groundbait aswell.

ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm one for using irregular pieces of luncheon meat. I think fish get used to regular pieces. I find they work better if laid out on a plate with a "fish knife and fork."
(I knew they had a use.)

thumbsup.gif Geoff

bart4real

I was given some Hydro-elastic to use because someone told me it was good. What a complete and utter crock! I can't believe they charge so much for that rubbish. Another gimmick for the purposes of exploitation of anglers. Unfortunately, its not so much the sponsored anglers who get ripped off- its the club anglers who rely on others advise, who seem to be getting the worse end of the stick. Use normal elastic!!!!

AlexR

yeah, id rather cut the meat with a knife than spend 40 methinks...

;)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hydrolastic,don't even go there,15 a pack and dont nick it or the fluid leaks out and it's back to square one,i really don't see what the hell it's got to offer.I haven't come across a fish that it could land that a normal elastic couldn't,and if the carp are seriously large i would rather go after them with a rod and reel.
Peter. thumbsup.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Maybe not strictly angling - but related since used on angling sessions.

I had no problems buying a coffee making machine that would run off the truck's cigaret lighter. Paid a bit more than for one that just plugs into the wall but worth it.

I have refused to pay $200 for a blender that runs off the cigaret lighter though. Or to pay $300 for one that runs off a small gasoline motor.

Nor $250 for a Van Staal 6" needle nosed pliers - even if they are salt-water safe and will cut line nicely.

For pure angling gear, I still haven't found a good excuse to pay $700 for a Shimano Stella Spinning Reel or $2000 for a Van Staal spinning reel - even if it is a salt water one.
Newt Vail

Edited by - Newt on 13 February 2002 01:18:22 AM

ray

draw the line at ultrabite, for me part of the fun is finding some kind of spice/flavouring off the supermarket shelf, making a mess of the kitchen and everything in it while i play with it, then fishing with it and very often for less than a (1.5$)...........it's even better if i catch with it.

clean banks campaign 2002.....have you joined??

Alnath

Chinese 5 spice, its about 2 quid a bucket from Asda. Although it wasnt dear "sticky mag" was the biggest load of old cobblers i fell for.

Status
Not open for further replies.