Most unusual Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinky

Grumpy
Pick the bones out of this.
What is the most unusual and famous place you have ever fished and caught.

MALC

Suppose unusual would be when i used to set canal rigs up in our pond on the top 2 from my pole.
And one day i put a pinkie on (like an idiot) number 1 lacy 0.055 line and 26 hook and a 2 foot long Koi Carp dont realy go well.
Lilies cut and knocked over, pump knocked over and broke and the wife calling me all the names under the sun whilst getting a landing net.
I stopped useing hooks after that in the pond.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Caught a Barbel on the River Aa in Herford, Germany yesterday.
Suppose thats an unusual place, 'cos if you decided to fish every venue in the world, I guess when you open the 'Where to fish world Directory' Aa would be the first River, (unless there's an Aaa?)
Cheers
Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is that the same river Aa that is the home of the famous "LEAPING BARBEL" that as a reflex reaction to being unhooked leap straight back into the river before the unfortunate angler can do anything else jump.gif

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Dunno Pete,
I'll send you a photo!

Cheers Trev!

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dragonbat,

Mine had to be the River Test in Hampshire.

I worked for an estate owned by a Arthur Humbert and one of my 'jobs' was to act as gillie for his invited guests, fluff chucking on his private stretch of the Test north-west of Winchester.
Many a time whilst pampering to the needs of the selected few and showing them "a large rainbow over there, just under the tree" which I had just happened to know about because I put it there the previous day from the stock pond
I used to come across the occasional large Chub.
The pleasure was all mine, running a stick float down the river in the evenings before retiring to the local pub

Dave

Edited by - Dave on 08 March 2002 12:54:32 AM

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Dave - LOL.

Not a fish thing but I can remember back in my military days when I was stationed in Pureto Rico. Any time we had big wigs who brought their wives, the night before we would seed the beach with some nice shells from a local shop and make the area off-limits until they had done a walk on the beach and left.

They never seemed to notice that a beach in Puerto Rico (Caribbean Sea and near the Atlantic ocean) had shell of critters that only live in the Pacific ocean.

Newt Vail

Zinky

Grumpy
Keep it going its getting better but their must be more of you been to some an unusual place and fished.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've wet a line in Loch Ness , Loch Fleet & Loch Lomond Blanked on all)

I've fished at Sandwhich with my uncle John & caught the only cod of my life a vioce from next to me said "well done son thats a nice fish" when i turned round n said thatnks i nearly passed out with shock cos the bloke who said it was fishing & i never thought he'd be an angler.

Who was it??
heres a clue
"you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"
yep it was none other than Micheal Caine (or Maurice Micklethwaite) what a lovely bloke he chatted to me with no hint of "i'm rich n you're not" i got his autograph just before he left & i felt like crying when it got blown into the sea cos stupid here never put it in his pocket properly

Alan
You've just been moderated

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
From a Dhow, 10 miles off the coast of Bahrain, in the Persian Gulf. Caught a 60 lb shark and a couple of grouper. Them were the days - up to my neck in sand and camel doo dah.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

AlexR

lol, malc, why the pinkie?? i test my rigs in the pond, but ive never hooked a koi (good job theyre double figures) but they do grab a shot and pull on it sometimes!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.