Most prized tackle

Carp attack

What item of tackle has people got which they cant bare too part with? You maybe don't use it anymore but just cannot bring yourself to get rid,
Mine has to be a old silstar matchpicker wand, dad bought me it when I was maybe 13/14 yes old,
So what have people got hidden away???

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Ive two Shimano Ultegra 1400 poles which I wouldnt part with for a gold pig. Ive had them for 30+ years. I used one yesterday to catch roach, perch and skimmers on our local canal fishing with my good friend and forum member Nicky Dodds. We caught well but, we both suffered pike priblems ... Big big time. But, thats another story.

foster82

I have my first Leeda pole that I bought when I was 14 back in the 90s. Its not in great shape and I don't use it. But still wouldn't part with it. Also the sections are like hoover pipes. Was also the first pole that all my kids tried fishing with,

Somersetlad

My Bruce and Walker XL13, the first quality rod I (ever owned) bought with my own money, I've had many good fish on it and would cry if it snapped on an 8 oz trout, like my Drennan DRX did, consequently it's stashed away, But if somebody has £100 it's yours - I'm not that sentimental!

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have a red/white shallow diving plug that I have had for probably 25 years. I have no idea whatsoever what it is, but I've caught countless pike on it, and what was my PB perch at the time. It is battered to hell and covered in tooth marks. I did get it snagged up once... and I went in and got it!

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
This float. I've had it years and I've always used it on exactly the same rig.

Light line, Double bulk shotting, Small hook and a light elastic.
Catching a days bream in deep water on this rig is the most appealing thing about fishing for me. The indications are perfect and the lift bites are just stunning to watch and strike at.

It'll be a sad day when I eventually lose it.

(If anybody recognises this float, Do tell me where I can purchase more!)
I've had similar floats but never come across one exactly the same.

71106057_435794767040863_655506502945079296_n.jpg

tee.bee

Site Supporter
leeda blue diamond stick float rod still get it out on the bank now and then

PP123

Milo Sprinter 13ft match which I bought second hand from Angus at Gone Fishing in Scarborough. I was 14, I’m now 40. It’s still my go to rod for stillwater silvers.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
All of it. If I sell something, it's because I don't like it or something better has replaced it. I usually keep things that have been replaced for quite some time, just to make sure I don't rush into selling and regret it.