Most memorable sessions

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The perch and Bream have been at medley this summer but not so much the roach. In previous years I’ve almost always bagged up on mixes of mainly roach and perch and matchman were regularly getting 20lb plus Breamless bags but not this year where for big weights it’s been Bream or bust. The Roach are in the city stretches so not sure why they haven’t moved out further this year beyond possibly the June rain.

Did have a pretty memorable thames session today as it happens fishing down at chertsey for the first time. Comfortably 50 plus fish for over 10lb made up of a mix of roach, perch, Dace and bleak isn’t really any different to a thames session back home but it took a lot of alternating between float and feeder to keep them coming and some of the Dace were very nice so I was pretty pleased for a new venure. Plus it didn’t half rain at times so I won’t be forgetting that in a hurry!

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Not very impressive, but if you know the place, you will realise why it sticks in my mind. Summer of '76, One Island on Mitcham common, I tried using hemp for the first time, ended up with over 20 roach of 4oz and up, topped off by a 1lb 6oz "monster" .

GUCANGLER

Clifton Island my favourite venue opposite Little Wittenham , full of fish unfortunately a 30 min walk and a syndicates got it now
I used to drive from east London to little wittenham was gutted when it turned into a bird sanctuary and LAA lost it. Can well remember a day there in late autumn river carrying extra water and watching a chap on the bank opposite emptying it of big roach fishing tares on the waggler!!