Most beautiful day ticket fishery??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Being a bit of a romantic I have always preferred to fish in an attractive and picturesque setting.

Putting aside the biggest fish/most fish what is your favourite scenic day ticket fishery?

My vote would be for Holgan Farm.

jukebox1

The prettiest place I ever fish is at Walcot Hall in Shropshire. As you drive between the two main lakes there are 2 small pools at the top filled with fantastic coloured roach and behind where you fish there are apple trees and all around the lake their are different coloured blooms that dip into the water. It is also so quiet there that it is almost deafening and the view of the stars at night is unbelievable due to there being no light pollution at all! The last time we fished there (last year) there was an event on at the hall and people were walking through the wooded area in period costume (surreal to say the least[:D]) It truly is a beautiful place to fish or even visit for a walk as the colour and smells of the blooms is delightful [:T] Miles and miles better than any local commies [:p]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
The Great Lake at Castle Howard took some beating, when that was open for day tickets and matches.
Bit of a trek to my favourite pegs, 1, 2 and 3.
[:)]

armstrong1

choppy
pauls pond in cookrigde (leeds) its an old estate lake full of tench and small carp , havent fished it for a years as i ,ve moved to worksop, but get there again, happy days .

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Holgan farm is lovely, Ian Heapes has got the place looking beautiful and in a lovely part of the country aswell.[:T]

nrayner

Loughrigg Tarn, Cumbria. Totally natural and only 3 a day for roach, tench and pike fishing in utterly stunning surroundings with a fantastic view of the Langdale Pikes

shallowman

As a genuine commercial day ticket venue Heyford fishery takes some beating.

you can have people next peg to you on either side and apart from any noise , not actulaay know they art there.

also , the wildlife is varied , kingfishers , bullfrogs snakes etc all live on the banks.

floyd

man of rage
Picture111.jpg

Wyns pond near Penrith not to shabby[:D]

Picture110.jpg

Another view

Last edited:

drcotts

Originally posted by jukebox1

The prettiest place I ever fish is at Walcot Hall in Shropshire. As you drive between the two main lakes there are 2 small pools at the top filled with fantastic coloured roach and behind where you fish there are apple trees and all around the lake their are different coloured blooms that dip into the water. It is also so quiet there that it is almost deafening and the view of the stars at night is unbelievable due to there being no light pollution at all! The last time we fished there (last year) there was an event on at the hall and people were walking through the wooded area in period costume (surreal to say the least[:D]) It truly is a beautiful place to fish or even visit for a walk as the colour and smells of the blooms is delightful [:T] Miles and miles better than any local commies [:p]

Hi
I agree. When walcot used to be BAA water i used to go there and wait in the lane the night before and sleep in the car and start early next morning. We had some lovely tench from there. this was 20 yrs ago mind you and I am just returning to fishing after a break and looing forward to going to some nice venues like walcot.

Phill

spdavies

Lymm Vale used to be a cracking place to visit. Some of the pegs were a bugger to get to but well worth it once you were down there.

Village pool used to be a good one too but could get a little too busy.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
belvior lakes....

45818_428217084805_500614805_4812458_4862188_n.jpg

45818_428217089805_500614805_4812459_6194797_n.jpg

47453_428217379805_500614805_4812493_7855237_n.jpg

47917_428217594805_500614805_4812518_6044548_n.jpg

45728_428217794805_500614805_4812537_7436436_n.jpg

methodgob

yoda
Originally posted by armstrong1

pauls pond in cookrigde (leeds) its an old estate lake full of tench and small carp , havent fished it for a years as i ,ve moved to worksop, but get there again, happy days .

Is that the one between the golf course and Golden Acre park?

tourney

got to go with heapsy's place (holgan farm)you just know it's been designed by an angler!absolutely beautiful!

darren.cox22

Originally posted by drcotts

Originally posted by jukebox1

Hi
I agree. When walcot used to be BAA water i used to go there and wait in the lane the night before and sleep in the car and start early next morning. We had some lovely tench from there. this was 20 yrs ago mind you and I am just returning to fishing after a break and looing forward to going to some nice venues like walcot.

Phill

Phill,

The BAA still own the rights to the lovely walcot east (pool to the left of car park)Still fishes well with tench skimmers bream and some huge carp. The pool is heavily weeded and gin clear though so defo need some preperation in as much as raking and pre baiting. Lovely place but is a bit of a drive for me.

http://www.baa.uk.com/where_to_fish/58.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.