Most annoying part of fishing?

R0B

Some of these horror stories about commercials are really depressing. If I want to be surrounded by people, many of them shouting and swearing then I'll go to a football match :LOL:
Fishing is synonymous with peace and tranquility!

Philocalist

........ other anglers, invariably catching nowt, who decide that they are bored and start wandering around the lake, trying to engage every angler they come across in conversation - even when it's painfully obvious they have no desire to be disturbed.
I was raised with manners, so always feel very awkward just blanking people, but if you start to respond it just encourages them :rolleyes:

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Anglers whose vehicle is part of their peg/fishing station. Banging doors, cooking, radio, sleeping etc!

kenj

I could not believe it the other day, when I was fishing the bread punch on a local pond, which has only a small stock of wild carp. The water was cold and I was down to a 4 x 14 antenna float, with a size 18 hook to a 4 mm punch of bread and catching fussy roach close in to my bank, some up to 8 oz. Another "angler" had arrived and set up carp gear further round the pond, about 30 yards away. I was just netting another roach, when there was a splash and a thick ended float attached to a pva bag of pellets landed in my swim??? He ignored my complaints, until I walked round for a word, then reeled in and cast in the opposite direction. His only comment, "Keep your hair on." No "Sorry mate didn't see you there" He continued casting around for an hour and packed up without a bite. Grrr.

CarpCatcher86

The sheep mentality is one that always gets me. I like a bit of, how are you/how are you getting on from a fellow angler. But do you really have to sit right next to me when every other peg on the water is free? I am not unfriendly by any stretch, but there are plenty of pegs on the water for a reason.
Whenever someone does sit right next to me, I alway assume they are a newbie who doesn't know the water but thinks I do.
Loud conversations from peg to peg or bank to bank is always irritating too. Not to mention the smell of cheap booze and weed wafting through the air.

cuzza

People (especially those with bite alarms)

Pretty much everything else (catching trees/nothing/stones) is part and parcel of fishing

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've thought of another one, entirely self inflicted... taking too much bait and having to stop off at the canal to throw it away at the end (only to find no parking spaces near the canal as per today). I mixed up this little tupperware box full of groundbait this morning, but by the time you've added water, riddled it and then added micro pellets and pinkies... I seemed to come home with more than I'd mixed up.

Silver fan 82

I've thought of another one, entirely self inflicted... taking too much bait and having to stop off at the canal to throw it away at the end (only to find no parking spaces near the canal as per today). I mixed up this little tupperware box full of groundbait this morning, but by the time you've added water, riddled it and then added micro pellets and pinkies... I seemed to come home with more than I'd mixed up.
Im guilty of this one too mate but I'd rather have a bit too much than not enough 🤷‍♂️

CarpCatcher86

I should also add none paying members of the public who think they have more rights than fee paying anglers.
For example, there is a public footpath that runs between a few of my local club waters, within the confines of the water it's members only, but people still walk their dogs around the water and have picnics on the bank whenever they please.
Usually it wouldn't be a problem even though they shouldn't be doing so. The real problem is when you start finding all kinds of rubbish from both owner and dog, if you get my drift :poop: