Most annoying part of fishing?

Mikey213175

Fishing ads without the price off the item?

Litter louts. I hate litter with a passion. Not only can it hurt the wildlife it just boils my p**ss that people can be so lazy and inconsiderate..

The local No-it all that could have fished for england and tells you ,You are doing it all wrong.

Stupid rules. Onsite bait only. Banned rigs that are no harm to the fish at all.

That l do for now ☺️

matti

Site Supporter
Things that really get my goat,
.Rubbish left on the bank, you brought it with you, you take it home
.Discarded line, ok, we all drop little bits, when altering a rig, feeder rig, but why leave coils of what looks like see fishing line, when you on a match lake
.No lake etiquet, if its not a carp lake why do they feel the need to cover the entire lake from just a few pegs and spoil it for everyone else
.Rule breakers, ok, everyone bends the rules occasionally, but to do it blatently, and the deny it, why?

This happened on saturday, it seems to sum up the local fishing ner me at the moment,

I fished on saturday on a lake local too me, a couple of acres in size, a good head of carp up mid 20's, and plenty of mixed silvers, rules include, barbless hooks only, max hook size 8 and no floating baits, you can regularly turn up and find the carp boys pegged out on one side and feeling the need to fish 10 ft from the opposite bank, so that ruins if for everyone.

So i turned up at the lake, there were 7 other people fishing spread around the lake, the arguments had already started about who was fishing were and it was getting a bit heated, the weather wasnt brilliant with a cold wind blowing across the lake and no one was really catching, i set up at the deeeper end of the lake to practice fishing the slider, mean while entertained at what was going on around me,

Now the 2 guys to my left were casting all over the place, completly randomly, and moaning how s**t it was that they wernt catching, and theyd never come again, after a few hours the tempreture warmed up and tempted a few carp on to the surface, matey om my left, saw this and saw his chance to bag a fish, and started hurling hand fulls of dog buiscuits into the lake, jn an attemp to atract said carp, but nothing all it did was get him madder and madder, it was quite amuzing, but not as much as half an hour later, he some how managed to hook 2 of his fingers together, using, have a guess, a barbed hook, youd have thought hed been shot, he was making such a racket.
At this point the owner turned up to check tickets and have a general nosiey at what was going on, he stopped and chatted to everyone, when he got to matey, the owner went nuts, he apparenty saw the bag of dog buiscuits on the side tray and wasnt happy, more so when he discovered the size of the barbed hooks they were using, despite all the rules being on the ticket, it goes with out saying they got kicked of the lake, hopefully they wont come back

Last edited:

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
The single most annoying thing in fishing is the bite alarm.......in the wrong hands. Used correctly you should only hear one when the considerate carp/speci angler has a bite. Used incorrectly you hear every full feckin volume beep as the braindead prick adjusts his line after every cast. Knobheads.

Total

Site Supporter
The single most annoying thing in fishing is the bite alarm.......in the wrong hands. Used correctly you should only hear one when the considerate carp/speci angler has a bite. Used incorrectly you hear every full feckin volume beep as the braindead prick adjusts his line after every cast. Knobheads.
^^ :oops:......Sorry Mick, I'll turn 'em down in future!...."Clickkkk whirrrr!";):ROFLMAO:

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
When I'm fly fishing other anglers jumping in ahead of my when I'm working may way up stream.
Pleasure fishing people with dogs who don't control them, same applies to fly fishing.
Match fishing, booking into another venue because the one you wanted to fish has sold out and then finding out later there were spaces due to no shows.

crusty

Site Supporter
Getting in the river for a full days/night fishing and there's a hole in your waders.

Drying everything off after fishing in the rain.

Ian

Simon R

Site Supporter
Inconsiderate anglers on day-ticket commercial fisheries.
Basically the deck-chair brigade who fish three of four times a year, lob huge handfuls of baitin and then fish another part of their swim entirely - invariably with an oversized feeder or bomb that lands like a depth charge.

Many moons ago I was fishing at Woodlands - I think the lakes called Fox Covert - it's got a big circular island in the middle of it anyway.
It had been a bit of a slow day but I'd just starting getting a few fish casting the waggler tight to the island. The bloke to my left saw where I was casting and dropped his bomb adjacent to the island as well, nicely feathered cast, no great disturbance and also got a fish or two.
Mr Deckchair who was FOUR pegs to my left decides he wants some action too - I didn't initially realise what he was planning as his first two casts went straight onto the island leaving him to pull for a break. His next cast landed like a depth charge six inches from my float - cue spooked carp bow-waving away from the area. He sat back in is deckchair propped the rod up and looked quite pleased with himself.
I shouted some general abuse at him which he ignored, however the bloke next to me was apoplectic with rage - you ever seen those blokes who stand up and just keep growing - he was a big bloke and he stormed across to Mr Deckchair told him to wind his gear in and cast into his own peg in future - if he didn't he'd wrap his rod rest around his neck. Bloke slunk off to another lake 10 minutes later - to ironic cheers from the anglers unfortunate enough to be pegged near him.

Simon

Tristar

Site Supporter
I agree with the OP. I'm a member of a club water, only a 12 peg lake with mixed fish, along comes "bivvy divvy" I love that lol tickles me...casts all over the place across swims saying he baited up the day before thinking he's on the Ebro or Lake Cassien. What makes me laugh is he blanks and I catch what he's been there for days for and all I used was 4mtr pole and red maggot.

2nd one...dare I say "cyclists" I can feel the green party cursing me now. Now, I love canal fishing, anglers, walkers, joggers, families all enjoying the towpath. The ones that pi55ss me off are the power ranger types, the ones with a small potato down their shorts for effect, the Wiggins wannabes that speed along with no consideration for anyone including families with prams etc or anyone else. I've seen people play large bream, everyone stops, even the boaters....but Mr lycia lout? Nah he just charges on bunny hopping around pole sections etc.

62tucker

Site Supporter
When you get told it’s EVEN pegs only for covid/social distancing rules and you go in peg 4 and someone comes and sets up in peg 5.

Robwooly

Almost all the posts involve people - ones with out of control dogs, inconsiderate boaters, inconsiderate anglers, idiots of all walks of (low)life who leave litter, noisy people , lets face it people are a pain in the backside. Sadly in life you have suffer fools.

I'm in agreement with all of these views, thankfully there's a lot of people on the bank who you don't know are there that share a friendly word in passing or a quiet chat when things are slow.

rudd

Site Supporter
For me being an all rounder it has to be the unsagacious opinions of what seems to be every other angler commenting on how others fish.

When fishing eventually gets banned seatboxes will sit alongside bite alarms in skips.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
I agree with the OP. I'm a member of a club water, only a 12 peg lake with mixed fish, along comes "bivvy divvy" I love that lol tickles me...casts all over the place across swims saying he baited up the day before thinking he's on the Ebro or Lake Cassien. What makes me laugh is he blanks and I catch what he's been there for days for and all I used was 4mtr pole and red maggot.

2nd one...dare I say "cyclists" I can feel the green party cursing me now. Now, I love canal fishing, anglers, walkers, joggers, families all enjoying the towpath. The ones that pi55ss me off are the power ranger types, the ones with a small potato down their shorts for effect, the Wiggins wannabes that speed along with no consideration for anyone including families with prams etc or anyone else. I've seen people play large bream, everyone stops, even the boaters....but Mr lycia lout? Nah he just charges on bunny hopping around pole sections etc.
MAMIL (middle aged man in lycra)
One to add to Bivvie Divvie ;) :LOL:

corkycat

I take the view that we should strive to get on with boaters; it's their river as well and if we don't annoy them, they won't annoy us. Well most of the time. Two years ago I was fishing the Shannon upstream of Carrick when a boat driven by four drunken Europeans (two men and and two women) decided it would be fun to do the equivalent of a boat's handbrake turn, directly in front of my peg, several times, just to annoy me, and annoy me it did. So I packed up and headed off to my digs in Carrick, stopping off for a pint in the pub at the marina there. Sat at the bar swilling pints and shorts were the four boneheads who had ruined my day. Lightbulb moment. I strolled out to the marina armed with a pint or so of red maggots and a catapult, found their boat, looked inside at the unmade beds and set all the maggots free, equally shared between each bed. And do you know what? I've never felt a shred of guilt.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Litter really bugs me. On work parties in the past we’ve found rubbish further into the woods than the distance to the bin😤😤. Nicely packed up in a carrier bag and stashed in the undergrowth😤😤

I weighed in a 6lb+ Chub for a lad at the backend of this river season. Something that is a target for me. The backstory is I was fuming😂. I’ll bleep out the choice words I was thinking to myself.
Got to the river early. Sat in two or three pegs for no fish. Lad walked past,another Chub angler, had a natter and he moved on. I slowly made my way up river trying various pegs until I caught up with the angler I spoke to earlier, still blanking. We had another natter and he tells me of a peg I’ve already fished where he caught Five Chub a week earlier and that I ought to go back there. ”Right I thought”. filled with renewed enthusiasm I pick my gear up and start heading back. On the way back I see another angler in the distance, with gear walking the bank. “Don’t bleeping sit there. Don’t bleeping sit there. Dont bleeping sit there,,,,,please”. ” Bleep”. Why the bleep have you bleeping sat there. Ffs.

Strolled up to him and say “Had anything”. “Nah mate. Just Started”
I thought “ I know you bleeping have”. We had a chat and he was sat there talking to me,looking at me and not his rod. All of a sudden I’ve had to remind him that his rod‘s about to be pulled in. He turns, grabs the rod and something really heavy is on the other end. It swims straight at him and snags him under his feet. Inside I’m shaking my head. He’s pulling at the fish really hard and I have to tell him to let the line go slack, hoping that the fish will swim out. I does and all of a sudden this mighty Chub surfaces and he nets it. Now I am really bleeped off. He’s shaking and I’m not surprised.
“ That’s the biggest Chub I’ve ever caught” he says. “Well done” I say through gritted teeth. “Can you help me weigh it?”
”Sure. No problem” I’m really thinking “You’re having a laugh ain’t ya? We weigh it and it goes 6lb 1oz. A fish I’ve been fishing for for four winters now.
He hands me his phone and says “ Can you take some shots for me”
Now I’m really bleeped off but all smiles.
Hes just about to put the fish back and I even help him by telling him to return it a few pegs away.
I strolled off with my gear, sat just downriver and proceeded to blank. Biteless.

In fairness I was chuffed for the bloke. His joy at catching that fish was written all over his face. For Essex, away from the Lea. It was a massive fish.
Why did he have to go and sit in that bleeping peg though? Annoyed? That’s an understatement😂😂

Silver fan 82

If you choose to pre bait a busy club water then you run the risk of that peg being taken. Tough luck, he should have got up earlier to ensure he got that swim.