Mosella Band A Bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
This is one of the handiest little tools I've got in my box.
http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum/uploaded/Peter/200861164244_Band a bait.jpg
If you fish banded pellet it's a must have in my opinion. My only reservation is the quality of the bands that are supplied with it.
Chuck them in the bin and get yourself some of the Gardner Latex Bait Bands. The 32mm size should cover everything between 4 & 11mm.

Just pop the prongs of the bander through the band, push your thumb down to open the band and pop the pellet on, Job Done.[:)]

This could be one of the best fivers you'll ever spend if you band a lot of pellets.[;)]

piperpilot

I thought it was a bit of a 'Joke' but bought one and as you say it's a very handy piece of kit and for once it's money well spent,

Last edited by a moderator:

stikflote

Site Supporter
Had one for a while now i find the the band on rots fast so i have to keep useing a bait band on it as well, in fact the band that was on it, from new fell apart on opening packet

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Keith, had the band fall to bits on mine out of the packet,
Just used one of the Gardner bands to replace it.[;)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
ah yes but..... could you band a 21mm halibut pellet [;)]

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
That looks a great bit of kit! I'll do a search to see where I can get one from.....

dave the fish

Site Supporter
As Peter says I was very impressed with this bit of kit. I have arthritis in my wrists and index finger and find it very fiddly getting the band round a pellet. I usually use a korum baiting hook to stretch the band and that works reasonably well however the Mosella band a bait looks the answer to my problems.

Mermaid try http://www.tackleuk.co.uk/team-mosella-m-122.html. I have just ordered 2 of them one for me and one for Spamwham. They are only 5.39 from them ( 5.99 elsewhere ) plus 2.99 postage so if you need a couple of other small bits it makes it worthwhile.

Ill let you know after I get to use it.

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
Thanks Dave I'll place an order.

MarkC

Got one of these today, looks expensive at first glance,(flimsy construction) but I think it's money well spent[8D]
Time will tell[:)]

Last edited:

EJAYAR

Did you buy me on Mark? [:D][:D]

It is my birthday soon [}:)]

bign

Mermaid
If you go to www.matchmansupplies.co.uk they do them post free!!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We've got the Mossella Bandabaits in stock in the MD's Shop [;)]
http://www.maggotdrowning.com/store/app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=mossellabandabait

Raccnevets

What!!!
Since when has buying one for 5.39 then adding 2.99 for postage worked out cheaper?

As Peter says I was very impressed with this bit of kit. I have arthritis in my wrists and index finger and find it very fiddly getting the band round a pellet. I usually use a korum baiting hook to stretch the band and that works reasonably well however the Mosella band a bait looks the answer to my problems.

gorstyman

Have used one of these now for last month and find it a great bit of kit..... very helpful when speed fishing too . As previosly said tho , the band that comes supplied with it is next to useless so just use a Gardner 3.2 band on it

alex-nash

looking for the 20
Going to get one. good report peter

MR RUDD

where can i get some of the steve gardner pellet bands (3.2mm) from,online?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The MD's shop will be stocking them after this weekend [:)]

Real ideas

Nick Palmer
Site Supporter
What many that know me will realise is that I am only capable of telling the truth, unlike some.

I did not realise how important it is to fish banded pellet when fish are really having in 'up in the water' until I fished at Viaduct fishery. When you get them going they hit you like a speeding torpedo (did dramatic but feels like that).

Anyway, back to the subject in hand, I used to struggle for sometimes minutes to get the band on the pellet correctly. With this device I can do it in seconds.

Recommendation = 10 out of 10.

midge99

Just got one the other day and bought the last of the micro bands from the shop, have been told since the stuff from a rockin horse is easier to get hold of though there will be more in the country soon as for the ones that came with in they went straight in the bin

Status
Not open for further replies.