Mortimer & Whitehouse are back for Christmas

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter

Gone Christmas Fishing 2021​

Boxing Day. BBC2. 9pm
Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing

Paul takes Bob on a steam train to the north of England to search for a prized English salmon. Alongside their canine companion, Ted, they fish the rivers Eden and Tyne in search of for their elusive quarry.
They stay in a glorious manor house, where Bob prepares a mighty breakfast of craster kippers, and then in a beautiful old castle, where Bob gives Paul a present which is as emotional as it is surprising.
They are joined on the riverbank by Paul Gascoigne, who has also always dreamt of catching a salmon, and Dr Anand Patel has a chat with Bob about how to look out for the vulnerable at Christmas time.
At the annual work party, Gone Fishing’s employee of the year is revealed, and musical entertainment is provided by Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott, ensuring a memorable night.

DFL

Site Supporter
That and a Worzel Gummidge Christmas special will be the only tv I'll be looking forward to.

TiggerXFM

I have tried to watch their programmes several times, but I find them so depressing, all they ever do is reminice about past life and harp on about illness.
I can' see the point in watching a programme which leaves me feeling miserible at the end, life too short !

Gimmi John Wilson, Matt Hayes....even Robson Green 😱, anyone rather than those two 🙄.

peterb

Site Supporter
I always watch Gone Fishing , despite the fact that Bob Mortimer gets on my t*ts, I think if that waste of space Gascoigne is in it as well I'll give it a miss .