Mortimer and Whitehouse

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
From my point of view the fishing is just a way of relaxing and taking your mind off of modern life... the real message is about men's well being and how to drop out of the hurly burly and all its attendant stresses with a light hearted slant...
As someone who quit the rat race of work (and match fishing) I have sunken into another branch of the sport and feel much more chilled and less likely to go off like a bomb... and it has to be better for my health in the long term

Total

Site Supporter
.......I have sunken into another branch of the sport and feel much more chilled and less likely to go off like a bomb... and it has to be better for my health in the long term
^^:oops:....Who ever suggested/told you that 'H was telling you a load of rollocks!:p:ROFLMAO:

Arry

Site Supporter
^^:oops:....Who ever suggested/told you that 'H was telling you a load of rollocks!:p:ROFLMAO:
Well... considering I'm sat by the water, watching an unmoving bobbin and listening to The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, audiobook, read by Stephen Fry with a big cup of tea and a chunk of choccy Tiffin and feeding a Robin... I'd say I'm pretty chilled at the mo...😎😁😘👍

spc123

Has the woke bbc ruled that catching fish might offend the sensitive

By my reckoning 3 + an eel across 3 episodes

I know the mens health side of it is the angle but these days the fishing seems more minimal than ever

Arry

Site Supporter
Has the woke bbc ruled that catching fish might offend the sensitive

By my reckoning 3 + an eel across 3 episodes

I know the mens health side of it is the angle but these days the fishing seems more minimal than ever
Therein lies the appeal... fishing isn't meant to be stressful, and they advocate finding something for a pastime that takes away stress... the angling side of it is purely coincidental in the context of the show,

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I must admit that the fishing side of things has declined in this series. They didn't always catch their intended quarry, but this last series it seems that all they catch is a blank saving tiddler at the last gasp of the trip. The show needs to continue to appeal to anglers, to be able to introduce the men's wellbeing stuff to the widest audience possible. It's all becoming two men and a dog in a boat, having a picnic. I think the concept of the show is still sound. It just needs a bit more fishing content. On last night's show, they spent over half of it in the house.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
That gaff that they were staying in looks lovely. It's Spring Cottage - available for £2,750 per night.

spc123

I must admit that the fishing side of things has declined in this series. They didn't always catch their intended quarry, but this last series it seems that all they catch is a blank saving tiddler at the last gasp of the trip. The show needs to continue to appeal to anglers, to be able to introduce the men's wellbeing stuff to the widest audience possible. It's all becoming two men and a dog in a boat, having a picnic. I think the concept of the show is still sound. It just needs a bit more fishing content. On last night's show, they spent over half of it in the house.
Spot on.

Let’s hope Ali Hamedis new show on Monday is good. Itv4 9oclock I think

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Good afternoon gentlemen, last week on the eastern local BBC news was a snippet about pollution regarding the river
Deben. A woman in charge of a protest regarding sewage said lots of people use the river for all sorts of things.
She mentioned swimming and paddling along with canoeing and kayaking, as usual no mention of fishing. It`s as if we
are being airbrushed out. So lets hear it for Bob and Paul, silliness in spades but there is nil cruelty and general feel good
nonsense with our pastime seen in a good light for a change.

DFL

Site Supporter
Add to that, Paul is very active in the fight against pollution.

davepellet

To be fair, Expensive gaff but they could have fished from the garden of that place - and I probly would have

Back after years

Site Supporter
The best of the series yet tonight. They caught a couple of nice fish...And I must admit I've luved Ted returning in the last few episodes (Paul talking as him is BRILLIANT!!).....Will anyone get it ???😃😃

Tristar

Site Supporter
I've started to watch this series on catchup. My only groan is the programme is only half an hour. I've read that some people are not that keen on Bob some not keen on Paul....who cares it's a programme about fishing and in my opinion we need this for the future. In a world of meat free, dairy free and the "its cruel" brigade I don't care if it's presented by Susan Boyle in a bikini or myself in a mankini. It's about two people enjoying their company whilst fishing and spending quality time together. They talk to each other, share experiences and enjoy each others company, imagine in 20 years how the programme will be filmed, it will be two people sat in room not looking at each other but playing on the tippy tappy and mobiles.

From a personal point of view I love the way they project men's health issues and promote the awareness of such issues, for that I'm also happy to see.

Back after years

Site Supporter
I've started to watch this series on catchup. My only groan is the programme is only half an hour. I've read that some people are not that keen on Bob some not keen on Paul....who cares it's a programme about fishing and in my opinion we need this for the future. In a world of meat free, dairy free and the "its cruel" brigade I don't care if it's presented by Susan Boyle in a bikini or myself in a mankini. It's about two people enjoying their company whilst fishing and spending quality time together. They talk to each other, share experiences and enjoy each others company, imagine in 20 years how the programme will be filmed, it will be two people sat in room not looking at each other but playing on the tippy tappy and mobiles.

From a personal point of view I love the way they project men's health issues and promote the awareness of such issues, for that I'm also happy to see.
I agree.Ive said before the 30 mins flies by.. It is an escapism show.. Forget your troubles and enjoy !!. .

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
So... does anybody want to put an estimated weight on any of the fish they caught yesterday? (2 carp and a barbel). I know they make a point of not weighing the fish, but I was just wondering what people thought... Initially, from one angle the barbel looked like a large single, but looked bigger once Paul picked it up, does anyone want to suggest a weight?

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Well, in the credits rolling at the end thanks are given to Lord and Lady someone.so I rather think that it's in their back garden. Don't know which bit of the magical Mole that they were on.