Morning on the river Nene

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Good work well done. Wish it had looked like that last week when I was supposed to be fishing it!

Did discover today that I had an extra days holiday left than I'd thought so have booked Friday off again to have last proper a go on the Thames before the clocks going back makes full sessions difficult. Didn't think there was much chance of me getting out at the weekend with the rugby on so taking Friday off seemed the better option.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Which stretch is that Freesolo?

Looks like a good colour ... when I fished the river regularly (late 80s and early 90s) it held that kind of colour year round and the roach just kept feeding.
Lovely net of fish.

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Which stretch is that Freesolo?

Looks like a good colour ... when I fished the river regularly (late 80s and early 90s) it held that kind of colour year round and the roach just kept feeding.
Lovely net of fish.

Its Oundle mate a few hundred yards upstream of the town bridge. Yep the river looked great and having fished here in the summer and catching lots but smaller fish I always love this time of year when you seem to catch a better quality roach.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Its Oundle mate a few hundred yards upstream of the town bridge. Yep the river looked great and having fished here in the summer and catching lots but smaller fish I always love this time of year when you seem to catch a better quality roach.
Nice going. I remember first time on that bit, as a junior in the old style Evening Telegraph match ... all I could catch was see through gudgeon.
I wasn’t very good back then ... some say i’m Still not

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Nice catch again, lovely fish. Looks like I’m going to be washed out Friday again, can’t get a break as far as river fishing goes at the moment!

Arch

Site Supporter
Fishing just doesn't get any better than that (Well maybe caught them on a stick float instead)

On the day I draw my last breath, I can only hope that the last fishing session I've had is catching Roach off a river.