More songs that may be banned.

Browner

Site Supporter
Following on from The Stones no longer singing Brown Sugar, I’ve just seen an article that suggests other songs that may be classed as politically incorrect.
Examples given are songs from The Kinks, Tom Jones, Band Aid, Dire Straits, Queen, Beetles, Elvis, the list goes on.
Not sure what we will be able to listen too in the future.

MrBen

Site Supporter
Wait a minute they want to ban band aid, despite raising awareness and money for the starving in Ethiopia? Why?

Flathead

Site Supporter
‘Brown Sugar’ has not been banned

The Rolling Stones have decided to drop it from their playlist for whatever reason…it is their choice.

Browner

Site Supporter
The article suggestion is it promotes “white saviour mentality“. What ever that is.
I thinks the article was kind of tongue in cheek as you could probably find an issue with almost any song if you wanted to.

Last edited:

Browner

Site Supporter
‘Brown Sugar’ has not been banned

The Rolling Stones have decided to drop it from their playlist for whatever reason…it is their choice.
In fairness, I did say The Stones where no longer singing “Brown Sugar”.

Flathead

Site Supporter
In fairness, I did say The Stones where no longer singing “Brown Sugar”.
Indeed

but other posts then went off on ‘wokeness’ and ‘they’ are banning things.

the Stones are very aware of their commercial appeal and have, no doubt, done this for pragmatic reasons.

Browner

Site Supporter
Indeed

but other posts then went off on ‘wokeness’ and ‘they’ are banning things.

the Stones are very aware of their commercial appeal and have, no doubt, done this for pragmatic reasons.
Fair play.
Like I said, I think the article was a bit tongue in cheek and there was no mention of banning anything.
The wording on the post title may should of been “politically incorrect“ not “banned”.
Sorry.

MrBen

Site Supporter
The article suggestion is it promotes “white saviour mentality“. What ever that is.
I thinks the article was kind of tongue in cheek as you could probably find an issue with almost any song if you wanted to.
It’s the idea that because we are white and see the coloured Africans as beneath us we are now superior for helping them out. Total utter rubbish in my book, a nation torn apart from warring tribes and warlords has left is population to starve. If we had done nothing it would have been because of their colour and we are racist.

The minute you get extremist viewpoints there is no reasoning with them.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
They could change the title, but somehow " None White Sweetener " just doesn't seem the same.