More Roach at Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan heaphurst

A day late with the report but better late than never.Fancied another go at the Moore Pool Roach before the Carp become too active. Monday afternoon when I arrived was clear sunny and warm, out of the breeze.Same peg as before, same set up as before, little Blue with maggot as bait. It was maggots that I had to use up.From the off I was into bites and small Roach. Single maggot, bait. Double brought me better fish but some of the bites, whilst I was getting plenty of warning, I just could not get anywhere near them. I think they may have been small Perch and Roach. Jiggling the shot around I started to hit better fish, including a big Hybrid, three poundish would not have been much of an exaggeration. I caught steady up to packing up at about 7-45pm.
I think that this will be my last trip out to Moore until next winter. There were Carp moving and I think that it was one that snapped me with too much trouble during the session.

tnotty

Is that BMAC Moor Pool?
Its on the list of ones to get to this year. Any views on the best of their waters for good roach?
Cheers

mocnscott

finally a winner
The specimen lake at Border has some very big Roach in it. I have also had fish probably 3/4 to 1lb from Brookhouse, Moor Pool and Lymm dam. I believe there are some good Roach in Watergrove Reservoir (but good luck finding them) and also bath pool but you've more chance of catching small carp in there.

Scott

Ivan heaphurst

Originally posted by tnotty

Is that BMAC Moor Pool?
Its on the list of ones to get to this year. Any views on the best of their waters for good roach?
Cheers
yes

Status
Not open for further replies.