So I purchased a second hand pole a few days back to dip my toes... picked up a maver grim reaper 2 1300 in A1 condition for £80 included 2 top kits and a cupping kit. could anyone please answer some of the following questions for me.
- have you owned on of these, what are your thoughts, any tips advice or things to watch out for.
- the 2 top kits are 2 pieces, am I right in thinking the 2 piece top kits are "power kits" and a match kit would be 3 piece.
- what elastic would you use, i'm going to mainly be fishing small natural-ish still waters with silvers, tench ,bream, f1's but also and carp just into double figures, i'm trying to start as cheap as possible incase im not into this style of fishing, solid elastics are a lot cheaper why should/shouldn't I use budget solid elastics.
- would it be worth fitting side pullers, i'm quite handy and could manage this myself.
- I can't seem to find additional top kits which is understandable as its an old pole, i've read that some of the grim reaper poles were interchangeable, any idea which ones are, if not any idea which universal ones would fit.