more info on Belturbet/Killeshandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Irish Angler

Trinity Island is fishing well at present. Lough Oughter is fishing well with bags of Bream up to 50lb. magomery,s Forde is fishing well with plenty of Bream. Good catches also from Weir at Inishmuck,and 103lb at Cloinny.....all Bream.

Stu Dav

Davi
Brianboru how mad are you.

Dare I ask what part of Trinity Island you are refering to, as I have had reports of sad anglers who say that its a waste of time unless you like catching loads of 2oz roach and small skimmers.
I have fished Trinity in the past, 3 days on the trot, and blanking on one of those days along with 5 other guys.
I have some interesting info if you are familiar with the Tommy`s place and am considering trying again this year, the lads will kill me if it flops again.
Hope you can help.

All the very best to you

Stu dav

ps he is a legendary Irish King !

splodger

MAD, my friend,
Keep the info coming mate!
We go to Belturbet in two weeks time (Sept. 7th) and we need all the info we can get!
Have you heard anything about inishmuck or Quivvy lake recently as last year we bagged on them?

SPLODGER

Mad Irish Angler

Sorry Splodger i have no info at present on the venues you mentioned.I will keep posting info as i get it,hope you have a good time in Sept,i will do my best to get some info on the venues you mentioned.......Tight Lines

G

Stu my mate do you know where the island used to be on trinity?????, when i say used to be mate!!! it has gone now,, try fishing from there,how many of you are going,should get 3 anglers on, fish away from the reeds to you left when you look at the lough, have a look on the playground thread, i put a pic on for mookie,good luck splodger, go and bag up mate

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Stu Dav

Davi
Toma

Am not sure what you meen regarding the island, ad guess you meen turn left when you get to the last gate with the river rite in front of you across the field.
We walked through some trees and the loughs just there in front of you
I`ll get a map and point it out
I found it very shallow, but I've had a tip of where it deep'ns out, but you need a boat to get to it !
I'm told this is where the bream live ! heard that before

I'll check that picture out

Nice one

Stu Dav :)

G

Got it in one Stu, where the river meets the lough, the narrow bit, bottleneck sort of thing, the island was just about parallel with the outlet,we fished in about 3foot of water,after pre-baiting, i had 80 odd pound, including a tinca of 7 and 3/4lb,one of 6lb and one of 5.5lb, in 3 hours, then it started, yep mate the rain was like a monsoon, and the wind,why the hell does it blow like hell???, i had no wet gear with me on that day, so i gave up when i was soaked, that did not take long, so we done the next best thing, on the ale mate.
Cya rkid

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Stu Dav

Davi
Toma Am back on and just read your message
I know where you mean now you mention the river and that narrow bit .

Thanks R kid and nice one, I mean nice three, good park benches at that size.
See you in a bit.

Stu Dav
ps no bream on semer all roach upto 6 oz and loads ov em,what ever you chuck at em even double corn !

Status
Not open for further replies.