more canal questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul35

went for a walk down the canal on sunday and saw a few people fishing it when asked they all said the same thing that it doesnt belong to a club anymore so they are getting some free fishing in none of them new if a closed season was enforced or not also i have checked british waterways web site for information on the stretch of canal involved (trent and mersey from colwich lock to wolsely bridge) again with no mention, would anyone else fish there or do you think its best not to?

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Paul you will be fine mate. Go and fill yer boots up as long as you have a rod license.

MrV

Yorkshire exile
Site Supporter
Originally posted by paul35

went for a walk down the canal on sunday and saw a few people fishing it when asked they all said the same thing that it doesnt belong to a club anymore so they are getting some free fishing in none of them new if a closed season was enforced or not also i have checked british waterways web site for information on the stretch of canal involved (trent and mersey from colwich lock to wolsely bridge) again with no mention, would anyone else fish there or do you think its best not to?

Paul35. I have sent you a pm mate. [;)]

Xxobi1xX

Just call me chris
i used to live in little haywood and fished that stretch regularly, doesn't belong to a club but not too sure about closed season. There is some great chub on this stretch aswell as large bream if you are lucky. I found the best areas to be the row of trees/hedges just after that half-built building and before the gardens of the moorings begin.
Pole fished breadpunch was good for chub, however it did tend to go dead after around 3-4 large fish, but good for short 2hours sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.