morans moat,wigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlh

Can anyone give me any info on morans moat off work next week so going to give it a try.

TJH4610

Dont bother the place is rubbish, spend your money on somewhere you will enjoy and catch a few. The baliff somes it up every time you go on, "if only you'd of come on yesterday, they were baggin up" yawn !!![:0]

carlh

i have done a search on wigann aa site but nothing recent come up,so i have asked the same question on there,but its not the busiest of forums so hopefully i will get a reply.

Branny

Take a brolly and some warm clothing because it's totally open and always windy.

Fished it on Saturday morn to 'teach' my mates lad - it had peed it dowen during night and peed it down and blowing a gale. He fished top 3 sections - missed two bites.

Had some busy days on there - meat, sweetcorn and pellet all work. Fish tight to far bank - reachable with 11 meters on pole - usually about 4-5 feet deep. Plenty small chub n carp. Seen some 4-6lb tench come out too.

Without a Wigan card its 4 a day - tbh there is far better places around the area eg Gone Fishing, Widows, Taylors Lane, Pollyh's (Queens - altho not fished this others rate), for the same / bit more / bit less.

carlh

Thanks for the info branny,its just that i have the wigan card and never used it yet so just thought about giving the moat a try.

Last edited:

fished it wrong

fished it yesterday,had 1 bream about two & half pound from near island,apart from that i only caught small fish,
then along came john (the bailiff)with his usual story.

jonnyg2210

not being funny lads but i have had some crackin days on ere last few years days where have had about 50-75 lb of fish you have got to hit it on the right day

loads of carp in there loads of little bits too trick is not to pot in just use kinder pot and try to find about 18 inches of water and just keep trickling the bait in they will come

if your not bothered about what you catch big or small you can have some good fishin on ere with a couple of pints of maggots

Status
Not open for further replies.