Moorlands drained

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
If I remember right there has always been a load of Skimmers in some of the pools there, decent size ones, liminal Bream, that you could catch on meat shallow in Summer. 😁

Total

Site Supporter
If I remember right there has always been a load of Skimmers in some of the pools there, decent size ones, liminal Bream, that you could catch on meat shallow in Summer. 😁
Moorlands or Kingsnordley?.....Had a shedful of bream at Kingsnordley on worm....:love:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Moorlands or Kingsnordley?.....Had a shedful of bream at Kingsnordley on worm....:love:
Moorlands for the meat shallow, that was a big method there back around the end of the 90s. I tried it and caught Skimmer Bream. :LOL: Loads of nice big Skimmers at Kingsnordley too though.

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Me fishing the pole at Kingsnordley. :LOL:

bigcarp.jpg

Some of the smaller lakes there I like fishing are the colour of chocolate and you feel your plummet get stuck on the bottom. But I want to fish the House pool I posted a picture of above as it's the nicest looking one, you have to book on but can do overnighters.

It reminds me of another place where I think the coarse fishing gets neglected although it's a famous Carp lake, Cuttle Mill. There are a couple of Ivan Marks videos filmed there but it's a bit of a way away from me location wise these days.
This is a Zerkalo imposter ...............how can you tell ? the hands are a normal colour

TiggerXFM

Imo the owner was destroying it, making an already featurless water even more featurless. Why make it shallower?.... a uniformed 3 1/2 ft.....boring as hell !
He could have made the islands into propper islands with trees, shrubs etc, planted some water plants to add character, which would also provide and encourage invertibrates/natural food, and birds. That will just be an out and out muddy hole stuffed with hungry fish !
Ok, it's a match pool, but surely even match anglers would appreciate fishing their matches in a more natural kind of water....?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
They did the same with one bank at Furnace Mill, the place with the coloured pellets, it's a nice little fishery otherwise, mainly due to the relatively mixed stock, but on Mucky Meadow Pool they have 'industrialised' one of the banks with... what do you call it... corrugated 'cladding'.

84fisherman

Andy HLAC
Account Locked
Imo the owner was destroying it, making an already featurless water even more featurless. Why make it shallower?.... a uniformed 3 1/2 ft.....boring as hell !
He could have made the islands into propper islands with trees, shrubs etc, planted some water plants to add character, which would also provide and encourage invertibrates/natural food, and birds. That will just be an out and out muddy hole stuffed with hungry fish !
Ok, it's a match pool, but surely even match anglers would appreciate fishing their matches in a more natural kind of water....?
I’m a big fan of feature lakes not open waters unless it’s a reservoir. I always like to fish up against something.

tysontim

Site Supporter
Bridge pool had some big old slabs in it for a small pool, only trouble was the Crayfish.

My favourite was Moorhen, won my first ever open on there and fished it for years after, i think a guy name Dave Weaver
run the matches at the time and he won his fair share fishing the waggler, dont think he owned owt else.

Wily Coyote

Site Supporter
Have to agree with some of the above - looks like a swimming pool, no reeds/rushes, no bushes or trees, no features whatsoever - horrible :error:

chris1967

Site Supporter
I just dont get it ,you dont see commercial match anglers slagging off places or slagging you down for wanting to fish for tench or silvers etc .
but you feel the need to moan about places most of you have never seen let alone fish , just seems a tad bizarre to me go find your thing and go do it .
But alas you wont and this topic will come up again and again done to death now

84fisherman

Andy HLAC
Account Locked
I just dont get it ,you dont see commercial match anglers slagging off places or slagging you down for wanting to fish for tench or silvers etc .
but you feel the need to moan about places most of you have never seen let alone fish , just seems a tad bizarre to me go find your thing and go do it .
But alas you wont and this topic will come up again and again done to death now

Who's slagging off places? It's just an opinion for different places that's all. There isn't anything wrong with fishing for any type of fish. It's just the ethos around anglers that's all.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Spend enough time on here and you will soon see the same members informing all (over and over and over) their dislike for venues such as the subject of this thread.

They must get a wet patch from excitement every time the subject arises. 🤣🤣

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
There’s literally nothing wrong with expressing opinions provided such opinions don’t involve slagging people off or fabricating stuff.

84fisherman

Andy HLAC
Account Locked
Spend enough time on here and you will soon see the same members informing all (over and over and over) their dislike for venues such as the subject of this thread.

They must get a wet patch from excitement every time the subject arises. 🤣🤣
It's an opinion though so it's allowed? or is it not? (Just checking) :)

84fisherman

Andy HLAC
Account Locked
There’s literally nothing wrong with expressing opinions provided such opinions don’t involve slagging people off or fabricating stuff.
People fabricating just need to be put in their place that's all. Dealt with a professional manner.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Bridge pool had some big old slabs in it for a small pool, only trouble was the Crayfish.

My favourite was Moorhen, won my first ever open on there and fished it for years after, i think a guy name Dave Weaver
run the matches at the time and he won his fair share fishing the waggler, dont think he owned owt else.
There are so many pools there I had to look up which one Bridge Pool is and still can't picture it but I know Moorhens, that's one of my favourites there, and the pool just above it for Roach, Skimmers and Carp. The matches there seem quite inviting and easy to enter, just turn up in the car park so I've heard.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
It's not about expressing opinions but the constant regurgitated informing at every opportunity that some don't like fishing certain types of venues.

You Silverfisher are by far the worst and what is laughable about it is you regularly post the same featureless small number of pegs on the Thames you fish, recently a featureless large pool and the same stretch of canal that has a featureless section of corrugated on the far bank.

How are those featureless waters you fish any different from the commercials you hate?
We could all hammer your threads for the same but nobody else is that way inclined.

booboo

Site Supporter
Not my cup of tea either, but I suppose if you want to create a really good commercial match venue you need to minimise the whole good/bad pegs thing though. Having a featureless shallow bowl of uniform depth is probably the way to do it, but some things like sun/wind direction are beyond control so I suppose there will always be good/bad pegs to some extent.
Not just the match angler either - I suppose if you pay your money for a pleasure session at one of these places it's nice to know you stand a chance wherever you can get on.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
In this instance though booboo it wasn't a featureless water.
It had an island that run down the middle. The island had lost its top through erosion but the regulars knew it was there.

On the clip it was made clear that a new offset island was in the pipeline.
Yet it seems for the haters their blinkers covered the ears when this was being spoken.