Moorlands drained

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
It's a match fishing venue and it has been for the past thirty years.
Anglers don't go there for the panoramic views or herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the horizon.

Still at least threads like this give the usual suspects the chance to yet again inform everyone they don't like it.

Tedious.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
A place can be a match venue and still nice looking they aren’t mutually exclusive. I’m sure most matchman would rather fish their matches in a nice place than a soulless one even it’s far from a priority for them.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
A place can be a match venue and still nice looking they aren’t mutually exclusive. I’m sure most matchman would rather fish their matches in a nice place than a soulless one even it’s far from a priority for them.
Not my cup of tea either, but, we can’t condone other people’s enjoyment, give me a wild natural lake or river any day of the week👍

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not my cup of tea either, but, we can’t condone other people’s enjoyment, give me a wild natural lake or river any day of the week👍
Yeah exactly something can be not your cup of tea yet saying so doesn’t mean you’re slating those who do like said thing. I mean I don’t like mint chocolate for example but I don’t have anything against those who do 😂

baggy

Mark Saunders
Completely agree, that’s why I go to Stafford Moor

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There's a 'pretty' fishery just down the road from me, Kingsnordley, but it has plusses and negatives about it just as any place. My dad follows them on FaceBook and is always grinning at the pictures of the Sturgeon, saying he wants to catch one. I keep telling him we'll have to get some proper Carp gear.

kingsnordley.jpeg

Total

Site Supporter
There's a 'pretty' fishery just down the road from me, Kingsnordley, but it has plusses and negatives about it just as any place. My dad follows them on FaceBook and is always grinning at the pictures of the Sturgeon, saying he wants to catch one. I keep telling him we'll have to get some proper Carp gear.

kingsnordley.jpeg
It's a beautiful place....:love:.....Plenty of lake choice, plenty of fish.....What's not to like?:unsure:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's a beautiful place....:love:.....Plenty of lake choice, plenty of fish.....What's not to like?:unsure:
Too many trees to cast into. :LOL: Nah, I just think it needs some work doing on it and it could be even better but I can't really complain. There's a big pool there, forget the name, that would be brilliant but they don't seem bothered about stocking it.

Total

Site Supporter
Too many trees to cast into. :LOL: Nah, I just think it needs some work doing on it and it could be even better but I can't really complain. There's a big pool there, forget the name, that would be brilliant but they don't seem bothered about stocking it.
The fishing is probably a bit too complicated for you there to be fair Steve!:p:ROFLMAO:.....And no green or red dyed hands to show you where your arms end!:p:love::ROFLMAO:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Me fishing the pole at Kingsnordley. :LOL:

bigcarp.jpg

Some of the smaller lakes there I like fishing are the colour of chocolate and you feel your plummet get stuck on the bottom. But I want to fish the House pool I posted a picture of above as it's the nicest looking one, you have to book on but can do overnighters.

It reminds me of another place where I think the coarse fishing gets neglected although it's a famous Carp lake, Cuttle Mill. There are a couple of Ivan Marks videos filmed there but it's a bit of a way away from me location wise these days.

Total

Site Supporter
Me fishing the pole at Kingsnordley. :LOL:

bigcarp.jpg

Some of the smaller lakes there I like fishing are the colour of chocolate and you feel your plummet get stuck on the bottom. But I want to fish the House pool I posted a picture of above as it's the nicest looking one, you have to book on but can do overnighters.

It reminds me of another place where I think the coarse fishing gets neglected although it's a famous Carp lake, Cuttle Mill. There are a couple of Ivan Marks videos filmed there but it's a bit of a way away from me location wise these days.
Who let the bomb off behind you?:unsure::whistle:

Total

Site Supporter

kingsnordley.jpeg
You ought to go back, with Dad and give it another bash, perhaps in the warmer months...(y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just watched the follow up video when he fishes one of the other “lakes” and it’s certainly an odd looking bit of water. Looks like a cross between a model boat lake, a swimming pool and a sort of lock cut type thing. Does have some nice skimmers in it though.