Moorlands drained

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
They've drained Island Pool. I presume this is recent work. Always interesting to see. I would say they'd find my top kit in there, as I snapped one on a fish before the days of puller kits as a kid on this pool in the late 90s. But I got the fish in...

84fisherman

Andy HLAC
Account Locked
You never see many videos of lakes been drained but this is fab. I assume all lakes will have stuff at the bottom like these finds.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
9m54s they used to let people fish that stock pool and when you hooked a Carp it would swim the perimeter of the lake. Have posted about it before. But nice deep margins on Island Pool.

tincatim

Site Supporter
I remember Moorlands Farm, fished there twice as a kid. Meadow Pool was the main one I fished but I did have a bash on the stock pond with a mate too. I’d only ever fished natural waters until then so it was quite a novelty to catch so many small carp. I’d be bored sick of it now.

It’s always interesting to see what’s under the surface of a lake, so much stuff gets lost over the years. I dropped two hybrid feeders in last weekend but I’ve never lost a reel or radio to the water.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I always wanted to get on Meadow Pool but they had so many matches on we always used to end up on Island Pool, occasionally having a go on the stock pool. You could easily do a ton on that small stock pool. Bit of a novelty. :LOL: But in the end I ended up asking my dad if I could enter an evening match on Meadow Pool, I was only about 15 and got thrashed by the match winner off the next peg.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I’m always intrigued by videos like this - I thought there would be more tackle retrieved from the bottom. I just assume everyone is like me and the bottom of the lake is teeming with feeders etc. 😆

tincatim

Site Supporter
I’d be interested to see how many lost feeders, leads and lures are lurking in the snags of my local river. I bet you could re-lead a cathedral roof with half of it.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yeah I dread to think what the bottom of the weir I fish looks like. Even on the Severn I have caught other peoples feeders. :LOL:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Kind of related... there's a peg on the Severn, the first deep hole of a peg at the Danery, and there was miles of braid that was snagged up and had been cut off from the bank. So every time you cast out a feeder your line would grate against this braid on the retrieve. You could just about grab hold of it from the bank when this happened, but there was no breaking it or the snag. I bet it's still there this year.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Sorry to be so miserable but it's just a mud pig hole - or at least that what it looks like.
If you've ever seen a Fen drain completely drained they look just like long, thin muddy holes. What is it about people that makes them denigrate man-made waters? Would you say that about Rutland Water or Keilder? Youi are obviously not sorry to be so miserable - you are enjoying it. Happy New Year. :);)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
When I was younger I used to think Moorlands was one of the most famous commercial fisheries in the country and one of the first I heard about that threw up big match weights.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Was quite interesting that. Does look a pretty uninspiring place tbh but then so do most places this time of year so for all I know it might be quite nice at other times.