moorgreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthh1977

Hi, fished when it first opened probs about 6/7 years ago.

It fished very hard then, got some nice tench out but it was very slow going. The fish seemed to back off the feed, as soon as you put abit of feed in off the fish went.

It was also very snaggy and weedy, lovely looking lake, sorry I cant be of more help. No idea how it fishes now.

scotta

thanks for the replys im fishing this place tmoz been for a walk round today with the bailif still looks quite weedy and snaggy dstev its day ticket as well 5 a day going to go try it anyway hopefully i can get the tench on the feed so will repost with pics if i have any luck :)

shaggy69

Shaggy69
I've seen the small lake on google earth but how the hell do you get to it ???
From what i can see it's at the back of the industrial estate but i can't seem to find a way to get to it

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
You head towards Nuthall/Moorgreen, past the Moorgreen dam overflow. On the righthand side in about 50 yards there is a car park, park there and walk down.

If you look on Google Maps, Moorgreen, and zoom in, you will see 2 bus signs either side of the road, look at the left hand sign on the map, and you can see the small car park.

Cannot be a very good organisation if no maps, access route etc., produced.

scotta

shaggy69 where the moorgreen carpark is you have to cross the road walk up till you get to a farmers field on your right hand side climb over the gate and follow the field straight to the bottom past the cows and horses and watch out for all the pats lol there is a access gate that leads onto the small lake it is a fair walk and no access for cars fished it today and didnt have much luck few small perch and rud matthh1977 its still the same as you said :)

Matthh1977

I feared it would be the same lol, sorry to hear you didnt have a great day.

Lovely lake just very hard fishing, not sure the stocking is that great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.