Monster Trout from tiny River - Chub fishing

HALTON DANGLER

So out i headed with the first frost of the season on the ground. The river fining down after recent high water i was worried about how both variables would effect the river. Both can be very good or very bad but isnt it the unknown that drives us.

In recent threads on here and my comments section on vlog a few questions have come up around water craft and using light lines and small hooks for chub. In this video i tried to make a longer vlog but more detailed one about the tackle, why i chose the swim and how i tackled it. Im no expert just a lad who goes fishing and says what i see and my theory.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nice session overall but cracking Trout! I've only ever had one myself but hooked a decent one the other day and lost it when the hook pulled when it jumped out the water.

Backwoodsman

Site Supporter
Well done superb fish, you never know what’s in some of these rivers. My local river the wharfe produces mostly by accident sea trout and salmon each year. Mostly by people spinning for pike, the weir pool at Boston spa oftten holds salmon and sea trout

Rick123

Site Supporter
That coloured water is ideal for chub and roach Danny. Even if its cold, the fish don't seem to mind that much if there is some colour.

HALTON DANGLER

yeah the chub will be fine the other silvers do disappear this time of year from there though which is a pain, I must admit I don't really fish the river on the lead with smelly bait if its too high for the float I don't bother and maybe I should