Monks Mission: Kevin Folwell. My commercial "Silvers" approach.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Monks Mission ......Stay Home Stay Safe..

Today’s contribution comes from an Angler who needs no introductions to anyone who knows anything about the sport. This man has been winning matches for over 40 Years, and if you sit next to him you need to be at your very best to beat him.
Currently a member of Joe Roberts England squad and highly regarded amongst the Match fishing Elite. Above all one of Angling nice guys.
We are once again honoured... that Mr Kevin Folwell has taken the time to contribute to our little series with some more top tips.
One more thank you.. to the brilliance of Dave Webster of Maggot Drowning forum .. To get this format published is down to him.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I know Kev and a nicer guy you could not wish to meet. A damned good angler and no bravado, like a lot of the top lads. He was miffed though when his place in the England seniors squad was taken my a guy called Nudd.

I can say I have beaten him off the next peg. But that was Toft Farm where the carp dominate. Commercial silvers? There's no one better in my opinion.

bricky72

Site Supporter
I met Kev on a boat going to Denmark for a final we had a great craic and few to many beers ( fishing was rubbish ) need him to remember the birdy song on way home

sunleychops

Just come across this. Ditto what everyone said about Kev. I did manage to beat him on an open at Bishops Bowl though! Claim to fame

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
And another - former teammate and all round good egg. I still won't forgive him for talking me in to fishing a winter league years ago at (i think) Crick. even with B&J it was terrible!
First time we drew next peg was before I joined Black Horse, in a winter league on the gt Ouse at Radwell. He drew in the pool below the railway viaduct, and for some unknown reason, the peggers had put a peg in the shallow runoff below (the only time i'd ever seen it done). The peg was at best 12 inches deep across and down. just about OK in summer - but this was in November with a hard frost! needless to say that his two barbel for 6 pounds beat my half a dozen dace.