Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_D

With Alonso starting from the Pits and wanting to get past that lot....there'll be tears methinks.

ahammond

Not being a fan of Formula 1 at the best of times I think that the Monaco Grand Prix has to be one of the most boring sporting events shown on television. The cars are not designed for street circuit racing and cannot possibly overtake so the race is to all intents and purposes decided in the qualifying the day before.

Formula 1 is just a parade at the best of times but Monaco takes the mickey. Perhaps a few old dears stepping onto pedestrian crossings at the very last moment or some cyclists charging around against the flow of traffic would liven it up a bit.

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
I watch every race in the Season except this one;as said,..... boring.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Theres always plenty of crashing as it proved today although over-taking was impossible as usual thats the only problem with Monaco. Alonso did well getting 6th or 7th depending on the Schumacher outcome

well it wasnt exactlly exciting although to be fair to the race some good crashes lol,
they need to bring back in race fueling, its so boring at the moment with everyone starting with same amount of fuel

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
It does limit the whole strategy part of the race and especially with tracks like Monaco where Over-taking is a no go then there is a real lack of drama.

yinski

This is so boring now, how 90,000 people go watch is beyond me! Every week is the same round and around yawn yawn, i just watch the bbc3 high (or should that be LOW) lights now. sleep.gif

chrishowe425

Originally posted by granjuiceymoose

Theres always plenty of crashing as it proved today although over-taking was impossible as usual thats the only problem with Monaco. Alonso did well getting 6th or 7th depending on the Schumacher outcome

to be fair, the F.I.A need to state the rules more clearly instead of letting them contradict each other.

one rule states that you can over take once the safety car has come in once you have passed a marked white line.

the other rule states you cant over take on the last lap of the race under a safety car.

ridiculous.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I still think the grid should be in reverse order of points standings. Now that would make for an interesting race.

Paul_D

90.000 people are wrong yinski, it's just you that's right. Yawn!

Team Man

What I would like to see, all the cars race 25 laps, then, the top Six or eight finishers race off for another 25 laps, with less cars in the final race it might be a bit more interesting.

chrishowe425

Originally posted by Team Man

What I would like to see, all the cars race 25 laps, then, the top Six or eight finishers race off for another 25 laps, with less cars in the final race it might be a bit more interesting.

would be an idea to have all the drivers in all the same spec cars, see were the real talent is [:I]

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
I think one change has to be in race re-fueling brought back at least this allows a bit more strategy especially with the current tyres lasting pretty much the race distance once the qualifying tyres have been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.