Moment of Madness Dispells Myths

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It was my daughter#2's wedding this weekend up at Gretna Green and during a moment of madness I put £250 on a bar tab so everyone could have a few drinks on me :eek:

The buggers didn't drink water though, they went and spent the lot, plus I picked up the tab for a round of shots at the end of the night, another £24+ :eek: :eek:

A great weekend but my wallet certainly took a hammering :crybaby2:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
You should spend that on taking us out for a drink, we would really appreciate it!!!!!

The Runner

Site Supporter
Going to be walking younger stepdaughter down the aisle in April. If I get away with only £250 I’ll have had a result !

Chervil

Site Supporter
Although it was 40 years ago, we had a free bar at our wedding. I can still remember my dad telling me that I would get those that would, when they were paying for it, normally nurse half a pint of bitter all night long, suddenly drinking doubles, like it was going out of fashion. At my niece's wedding, one of my nephew's had £500 in his pocket, to buy drinks for family.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just a small gathering of 30 plus kids with it being at Gretna Green, there's a larger celebration (100+) in Leeds in a fortnight's time :eek:

Oh no the subs will be going up

Now that's not a bad idea :D

Total

Site Supporter
It was my daughter#2's wedding this weekend up at Gretna Green and during a moment of madness I put £250 on a bar tab so everyone could have a few drinks on me :eek:

The buggers didn't drink water though, they went and spent the lot, plus I picked up the tab for a round of shots at the end of the night, another £24+ :eek: :eek:

A great weekend but my wallet certainly took a hammering :crybaby2:

I bet your kilt was 6 inches further from the floor when your wallet was lightened too! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Red leader is now uncontactable due to working 25hr days to recovering his £250

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I paid for virtually the whole of my daughter's wedding. The in laws never offered any help at all. Something I can never forget or forgive. Worth it though to make her happy.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Although it was 40 years ago, we had a free bar at our wedding. I can still remember my dad telling me that I would get those that would, when they were paying for it, normally nurse half a pint of bitter all night long, suddenly drinking doubles, like it was going out of fashion. At my niece's wedding, one of my nephew's had £500 in his pocket, to buy drinks for family.
A bit different to my first marriage,my father-in-law was a publican and it was a free bar,I remember my older btother coming up to me after a couple of pints and saying "does tha think I could have a rum and black youngun,I don't like askin at bar,it seems a bit cheeky",he'd have had trouble getting to the bar for all my ex father-in-laws rich mates who were downing double scoth/gin and tonics as if it was the last in the world.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter

The buggers didn't drink water though, they went and spent the lot, plus I picked up the tab for a round of shots at the end of the night, another £24+

Sheesh, which bar was that?

We did a wedding at Sandon hall last week, free bar for all guests..... the groom nearly fainted when he found out he owed just over 2 grand for drinks!!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The Smiths hotel over the road from the Blacksmiths.

To be honest there was a specific reason why I only put enough behind the bar to buy everyone a couple of drinks each, a reason I'm not going into on here, it was a celebration not a pee up