Moles

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Anyone know the best way to trap a mole ? We have a second mole on our paddock. And he s digging the place up. I had one earlier in the year. I got him quite easily using a scissor type mole trap. This little bugger is slippier than OJ Simpson covered in Castrol R.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I have a 12g but, Im not sitting there for hours on end. ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I don 't know whats more disturbing, your post or the fact that I watched it until the end. How did I know Id get a sensible answer from you matey ? ? In future Im gonna ask Albert. Hey, thats a thing, is he any good at catching moles ? I bet hes a good ratter. ??????

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Fill in all the holes except for 2 (air flow). Pour a gallon of petrol down one hole and set it on fire.

KevinT

Hi

My dad had one tried everything then put a hose pipe down one of the holes and left it running all day - never found the mole assumed it was drowned never came back - expensive if on a water meter

KevT

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hi

My dad had one tried everything then put a hose pipe down one of the holes and left it running all day - never found the mole assumed it was drowned never came back - expensive if on a water meter

KevT
Good idea. I'm not in a water meter ?.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Fill in all the holes except for 2 (air flow). Pour a gallon of petrol down one hole and set it on fire.
A gallon of petrol ? Im a Barnsley lad tha nos. Oh .... You mean ... Go siphon a gallon of petrol out of someone's car. I'm with you now Peter ?

rudd

Site Supporter
The only way known to man on how to get rid of a mole from your garden......

Move house.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I got told a tale where a bit of pranking was going on between mates. One of the lads took a lot of pride in his lawn and whilst he was on holiday another lad went to his house and put mounds of top-soil on it so it looked like it had been dug up by Moles :)

When the lad returned from his holiday he was horrified to see the mountains of soil so phoned the local pest control guy up who came out, did some work, and billed him £200 to rid the lawn of Moles :eek:

When the lads met up again, he told them all about the Mole hills, the Mole catcher, the cost to get rid of it, (bearing in mind there wasn't a Mole in the first place) and how his lawn was back to it's high standard lol.

The lad who played the trick in the first place knew of the pest control guy so paid him a visit and they came to an 'arrangement' where he (the pest controller) would return to the job and give the lad a partial refund saying there was a mistake in pricing, and nothing else would be said :)

So if you've got a mate who loves his lawn, and you've also got access to some top-soil...... :roflmao: