Molengroet trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

chas

Hiya Neil....sorry for the delay in letting the lads know how our trip went the week before last......
The first FOUR days were absolute hell with gale force winds and rain! We fished every day and manegad a couple of 50 lb bgs of Bream , and one 75lb from the Lake at the bottom of the Amstelmeer
Went to look at that vast ' ('Sea') i.e. the Ijsselmeer, and couldn't hardly stand-up against the wind, so that was out!
The weather eased a bit on the Sunday and we found a nice little village called Zand which had a 12 foot deep gently flowing canal and manages a few 3-4 lb Bream from there.
All-in-all mate, - not a good trip and I brought back loads of unused groundbait/corn/luncheon meat/etc!!!!
Never mind, there's always next year Neil (though I've not got anyone lined-up to go with as yet as the Nephew has decided to go on a Carp lake in England next year)
So, roll-on 2012 iI say!! All the best

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Not to worry bud.The weather is just ****e.At least u had a few fish.Any roach up that way?

chas

Originally posted by neil fallows

Not to worry bud.The weather is just ****e.At least u had a few fish.Any roach up that way?
[Never saw one Neil, just Bream and Ide /quote]

Steve M

Site Supporter
Shame Chas, that the weather put a 'spoke in the wheel' but at least you had a few fish. The rain I can cope with - the wind is more of a problem. But both is a nightmare.

Cheers,

Steve

glenn

Account Locked
chas if you pm [carlbarbel] he will tell you where you can get 2lb roach from overthere but its on the island that zuider dieps is on,but they only found it by chance looking on an old map i had left with them 3 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.