Mobility Scooter/Frenzee HGV Trolley

frankg

Site Supporter
I’ve developed a worrying interest in wheels and bricks. I’m worried that’s it’s a natural built in response that I can’t do anything about ?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I’ve developed a worrying interest in wheels and bricks. I’m worried that’s it’s a natural built in response that I can’t do anything about ?
Its living on the Wirral that does it,
I bet it's a revelation that you have realized some houses are made from bricks instead of wattle and daub. .

dirk

Site Supporter
Hi Guys, 20210309_162407.jpg

As promised I would upgrade my Frenzee Trolley (Dangler2) over the Winter. Well I've finally done it :p
This time it has a large 8mph motor with 12" wheels. I had to alter the existing axle back and front. I kept the original wheels for the front but extended the down struts, otherwise it looked like a drag racer. Because of the new height I had to cut down the handle bars.

As this was now heavy there would have been no way I could strip down the components like the last one. This one will be driven up ramps into the car. I had to change the control unit, replace the potentiometer,and build a battery box for the larger batteries. I bought new batteries as the ones that came with it were on their way out. To get the Trolley into the car easily, the handlebars go into an additional holder on top of the trolley. As you can see by the pictures Dangler2 has enough power to go up steep slopes, in fact it would have leapt over the sand pit in the picture :p I must say if anyone is thinking of converting there trolley, go for it. I didn't have any electrical knowledge before I started but there's always help on the internet. (y)

20210309_162536.jpg
20210309_162631.jpg
20210309_162432.jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's the work of a genius - has Elon Musk been in touch with you yet?

Seriously good work Dirk (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi Guys, 20210309_162407.jpg

As promised I would upgrade my Frenzee Trolley (Dangler2) over the Winter. Well I've finally done it :p
This time it has a large 8mph motor with 12" wheels. I had to alter the existing axle back and front. I kept the original wheels for the front but extended the down struts, otherwise it looked like a drag racer. Because of the new height I had to cut down the handle bars.

As this was now heavy there would have been no way I could strip down the components like the last one. This one will be driven up ramps into the car. I had to change the control unit, replace the potentiometer,and build a battery box for the larger batteries. I bought new batteries as the ones that came with it were on their way out. To get the Trolley into the car easily, the handlebars go into an additional holder on top of the trolley. As you can see by the pictures Dangler2 has enough power to go up steep slopes, in fact it would have leapt over the sand pit in the picture :p I must say if anyone is thinking of converting there trolley, go for it. I didn't have any electrical knowledge before I started but there's always help on the internet. (y)

20210309_162536.jpg
20210309_162631.jpg
20210309_162432.jpg
Very nice ,i could do with that done .