Mobility Scooter/Frenzee HGV Trolley

dirk

Site Supporter
I've finally converted my Frenzee HGV Trolley into a 24v electric Trolley using an old mobility scooter. It all easily comes apart to lift into the car. it's taken 6 months in the planning because I had to teach myself how to weld and buy a welder first :D

I'd seen anglers converting 12v golf buggies with a fixed speed wheel which is no good for someone that trips up and potentially watches the trolley as it keeps going into the lake :ROFLMAO: So as a mobility buggy uses a lever speed control (dead man's handle) and the addition of an electric brake also stops it from rolling down a hill It's brilliant (y)

20201027_155522.jpg

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
That is brilliant, well done Dirk, (y) bet you felt a sense of achievement when you took it out for the first time.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That looks good, you've impressed me @dirk ;)

Is the box at the front the batteries?

dirk

Site Supporter
Hi Dave, yes batteries in their original mobility buggy box at the front. Theres a wire that is connected to the batteries inside the box which comes out and has waterproof 4 pin connector, this then connects to a cable permanently connected to the trolley frame. This has another 4 pin connector on the other end which attaches to the handlebars. ? if anyone is thinking of doing the same I can send them more details.

Knfruitbat

Site Supporter
My mobility scooter has square box tubing connector behind the seat, seen people mount motorbike pannier to it.
You could start building trolleys that connect straight on, you would make a fortune, especially if they could fold to get in boot.
Great job by the way.

dirk

Site Supporter
Although the buggy was great on flat ground it wasn't able to climb the steep slope at lakeview. So I'm about to make Dangler2. Today i bought an electric jeep for £150 from a guy who had made it from an 8mph mobility buggy. He sent me a video of it pulling a small 2 berth caravan across a grass field. The wheels are 12" and the motor looks twice as big so hopefully will be the dogs danglers :p I'll let you know how I get on over the Winter. 123203050_10224268564406181_4564071592894232875_o.jpg