Mobile Phone Numbers ?????

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Just as an askin

How often do you change your mobile phone number ????

back in the dawn of time, i bought my first Motorola brick and it came with a card with a Number, Ive had the same number since then, never changed it

Tried ringing a few numbers today and half them aint in use anymore, found that out from others, ringing the new numbers given to me, I was told, "yeah Ive got a new phone"

defeats the point dont it, if you dont transfer your number, even if its a different network, it aint that hard to do ????

Silver fan 82

Just as an askin

How often do you change your mobile phone number ????

back in the dawn of time, i bought my first Motorola brick and it came with a card with a Number, Ive had the same number since then, never changed it

Tried ringing a few numbers today and half them aint in use anymore, found that out from others, ringing the new numbers given to me, I was told, "yeah Ive got a new phone"

defeats the point dont it, if you dont transfer your number, even if its a different network, it aint that hard to do ????
I've had the same number for as long as I can remember. I've transferred it a few times which was easy enough to do.
Just saves alot of aggro in my opinion.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Had to do it once after I left Lexus as I was still getting calls from customers a year later. :ROFLMAO:

Total

Site Supporter
Have kept the same mobile number for ever....No need to change it....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've had the same for about 25 years now

Sam Vimes

I've had the "same" number since I got my first mobile sometime between '92 and '96. However, whilst the bulk of the number remains, the prefix has been altered at least once by the phone company. The original number was a digit or two shorter.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Had the same number about 15 years & can’t see any reason I will change it from here on in.

rudd

Site Supporter
:shotgun:Being a true brit have had two mobile and one house number for 25years plus ending:
da da, da daaa, da dada

Apparently I could sell the numbers for a tidy sum.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I can still remember our First ever House Phone number id have been about 9 or 10, Funny thing is i cant remember what i had for Tea last night.

73154 (y)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I've had the same mobile number for around 6 or so years, can't see any reason to change it.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
The thing with those fellas I was trying to contact,

is they are "In Trade" or Dealers, both of which, I would of thought that keeping the same number would of been pretty essential as far as contacts are concerned

cant see how keep swapping numbers would be for the best like that,

still, Im updated now

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
Had mine for over 30 years. N?ever understood why people keep changing them unless there drug dealing.

What really annoys me is when someone sends you a text that says "hello. changed my phone and this is my new number" So go on then who the fook are you :mad:

bezzer

Site Supporter
I got my first mobile phone in December 1995 and I still have the same number.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Yep. Got supplied with a Motorola 7500 from work in 1994 (credit card sized Simcard). Still got the same number only slightly changed the prefix number when all cell phone numbers were changed to start with 07 to identify them as cell phones. Jim, my retired senior B.T. technical engineer friend tells me that a modern i/smartphone isn't a telephone. It's a computer with a telephone function built in.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
There was a time when each network had it's own prefix ! If you changed network your prefix changed. Now if you change network you can take your whole number with you. Plus side is you never need to change numbers ! Minus side is you don;t know what network you are using when you ring someone. I have free calls within my own network, but recently my mate changed networks, and I noticed my bill was almost double it;s normal amount. I rang them and they told me I had exceeded my limit on other networks limits. It was my mates number that did the damage.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Yep. Got supplied with a Motorola 7500 from work in 1994 (credit card sized Simcard). Still got the same number only slightly changed the prefix number when all cell phone numbers were changed to start with 07 to identify them as cell phones. Jim, my retired senior B.T. technical engineer friend tells me that a modern i/smartphone isn't a telephone. It's a computer with a telephone function built in.

it has considerably more computer power in it than the Apollo rockets and moon lander